Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Technical Chat

Notices

Dealer did not know what this is.

Old 08-22-2009, 06:41 PM   #1
yhiki is on a distinguished road
Army: sp5
yhiki's Tacoma Gallery
Dealer did not know what this is.

I recently purchased a formerly owned 09 from a local dealer. This was in the truck at time of purchase. They do not know what it is of what it does. It has 3 wires leading back to a harness under the dash.
Does any know what it is or what it does?

Thanks

Old 08-22-2009, 06:42 PM   #2
ianham is on a distinguished road
ianham's Tacoma Gallery
A microphone for handsfree bluetooth?
Old 08-22-2009, 06:42 PM   #3
I KEEEEEL YOU
Burgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Stephen
Burgman's Tacoma Gallery
bluetooth mic
Old 08-23-2009, 05:39 PM   #4
yhiki is on a distinguished road
Army: sp5
yhiki's Tacoma Gallery
Thank you for the response. This raises a new question. As far as I can tell, I do not have Bluetooth in this truck. The steering wheel does not have controls for the Bluetooth and my cell phone can not find one. Does the present of the mike mean that a Bluetooth is installed and if so, how do I activate it?
Old 08-25-2009, 06:57 PM   #5
Moose
MooseTX82 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMooseTX82 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMooseTX82 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMooseTX82 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMooseTX82 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMooseTX82 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMooseTX82 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMooseTX82 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMooseTX82 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMooseTX82 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMooseTX82 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: USS John Paul Jones; Gas Turbine Technician Electrical 2nd Class (SW)
MooseTX82's Tacoma Gallery
Maybe the guy had an aftermarket Bluetooth capable system and when he got rid of the truck installed the stock back in?
Old 08-25-2009, 08:39 PM   #6
Retrofit Club!
lookylookitzadam is one of the sharper tools in the shedlookylookitzadam is one of the sharper tools in the shedlookylookitzadam is one of the sharper tools in the shedlookylookitzadam is one of the sharper tools in the shedlookylookitzadam is one of the sharper tools in the shedlookylookitzadam is one of the sharper tools in the shedlookylookitzadam is one of the sharper tools in the shedlookylookitzadam is one of the sharper tools in the shedlookylookitzadam is one of the sharper tools in the shedlookylookitzadam is one of the sharper tools in the shedlookylookitzadam is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Adam
lookylookitzadam's Tacoma Gallery
Thats the Toyota aftermarket alarm system by Karr, just pulled it out of my truck
Old 08-27-2009, 07:27 PM   #7
glg20 is a jewel in the roughglg20 is a jewel in the roughglg20 is a jewel in the roughglg20 is a jewel in the rough

Air Force:
glg20's Tacoma Gallery
I have something simular to that in my O3 the I recently purchased. It is mounted on the bottom lip of the dash and has a button on the back side and a red light on the front. The individual I purchased my truck from never mentioned it. I push the button and the horn honks and the little red light blinks. Done it only once. Afraid to mess with it and not be able to get my truck started. The guy I purchased the truck from lives in another state and I no longer have his contact info.
Old 08-27-2009, 07:31 PM   #8
REALLY!!
mrp192 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmrp192 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmrp192 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmrp192 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmrp192 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmrp192 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmrp192 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmrp192 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmrp192 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmrp192 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmrp192 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Air Force: F-22 Crew Chief
Name: Brent
mrp192's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by lookylookitzadam View Post
Thats the Toyota aftermarket alarm system by Karr, just pulled it out of my truck
+1 at least the part of the alarm