Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Technical Chat

Notices

4low-trac

Old 10-28-2010, 08:56 AM   #221
The Little Truck That Could
Yoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Roland
Yoytoda's Tacoma Gallery
ive locked up my brakes in 4lo on steep descents...
Old 10-28-2010, 10:22 AM   #222
Me l've got brains.
island808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisland808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisland808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisland808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisland808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisland808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisland808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisland808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisland808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisland808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisland808 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jedediah
island808's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by David K View Post
Have you checked all the mods here on TW?
Of course not.. How could I...
I've searched, but you see the titles people use "help!?" and "another one" instead of "can't get brake disk off 2010" or "hood alignment help"

But I've read all the one's with decent titles and linked from other threads with decent titles.
Old 11-22-2010, 07:05 PM   #223
Tamich is on a distinguished road
Tamich's Tacoma Gallery
Just got my Taco TRD Sport Double Cab and was wondering if anyone confirmed for 2011 non-atrac models?
Old 12-16-2010, 09:56 PM   #224
pollock21 has much to be proud ofpollock21 has much to be proud ofpollock21 has much to be proud ofpollock21 has much to be proud ofpollock21 has much to be proud ofpollock21 has much to be proud ofpollock21 has much to be proud ofpollock21 has much to be proud ofpollock21 has much to be proud of

Name: Brian
pollock21's Tacoma Gallery
Bump for 2011 confirmation!
Old 12-16-2010, 11:39 PM   #225
Yoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Yoytoda's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tamich View Post
Just got my Taco TRD Sport Double Cab and was wondering if anyone confirmed for 2011 non-atrac models?
Quote:
Originally Posted by pollock21 View Post
Bump for 2011 confirmation!
try it and if it works, report back. if not just splice the wire back together
Old 12-17-2010, 12:28 AM   #226
David K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shed

David K's Tacoma Gallery
It is that easy! Don't delay, clip your yellow wire today!
Old 12-17-2010, 05:06 AM   #227
rwilso03 has a spectacular aura aboutrwilso03 has a spectacular aura aboutrwilso03 has a spectacular aura about
Air Force: USAFA - Class of 2011
Name: Russ
rwilso03's Tacoma Gallery
^^ I think that rhymes...
Old 01-04-2011, 03:01 PM   #229
jaredpa28 is on a distinguished road

Name: jared
jaredpa28's Tacoma Gallery
did it!

did mine today. would really like to thank "isthatahemi" and "yoytoda" for all the work and info. great job you guys!!!

A SIDE NOTE: i didnt even bother to unplug from the harness. i just located the wire, cut it, and slapped some electric tape on.

i also did not disconnect the battery. the reason for this is i had the dealer go into the ecu and disable the passanger side seatbelt alarm. i have dog that rides with me and i get sick of the damn alarm going off.
Old 01-04-2011, 03:06 PM   #230
Bullwinkle J. Moose
bjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steve
bjmoose's Tacoma Gallery
Folks - just a headsup. There are some instrument panel wiring changes on Tacos with mfg date beginning Dec 2010. So if you're planning on doing this mod on a truck build on or after that date - you should reconfirm the wiring.
Old 01-05-2011, 10:55 AM   #231

Yoytoda's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaredpa28 View Post
did mine today. would really like to thank "isthatahemi" and "yoytoda" for all the work and info. great job you guys!!!

A SIDE NOTE: i didnt even bother to unplug from the harness. i just located the wire, cut it, and slapped some electric tape on.

i also did not disconnect the battery. the reason for this is i had the dealer go into the ecu and disable the passanger side seatbelt alarm. i have dog that rides with me and i get sick of the damn alarm going off.
fyi

to disable seat alarm.

1. turn key on with driver belt not connected.
2. press and hold odo/trip button for 12 long seconds.
3. while holding the button down connect the driver belt.
4. b-on will show up. press odo/trip button until b-off comes up.
5. Seatbelt alarm now off.
Old 01-06-2011, 09:48 AM   #232
jaredpa28 is on a distinguished road

Name: jared
jaredpa28's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yoytoda View Post
fyi

to disable seat alarm.

5. Seatbelt alarm now off.

Hmmm. nice to know. thanks
Old 02-06-2011, 03:12 PM   #234

Yoytoda's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by BP348 View Post
will this work on my 2011 reg cab?
It should. Try it. If it doesn't work you could always splice them back together. Compare the pictures. I'm 99% sure it'll work fine
Old 02-07-2011, 06:39 AM   #235
Nick54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedNick54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedNick54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedNick54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedNick54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedNick54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedNick54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedNick54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedNick54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedNick54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedNick54 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: E5 Machinist Mate - USS Downes San Diego Cal.
Name: Nick
Nick54's Tacoma Gallery
to disable seat alarm.

5. Seatbelt alarm now off.[/QUOTE]

What's just as good as choking the seat belt chirp is choking the chirp that happens every time you move the transmission from drive to reverse and back again. What the &^%* was Toyota thinking with that one. Do I need to be warned that I'm back in drive after I reversed???
Old 02-07-2011, 06:45 AM   #236
TacoDaTugBoat is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDaTugBoat is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDaTugBoat is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDaTugBoat is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDaTugBoat is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDaTugBoat is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDaTugBoat is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDaTugBoat is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDaTugBoat is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDaTugBoat is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDaTugBoat is one of the sharper tools in the shed

TacoDaTugBoat's Tacoma Gallery
Did this mod on my 09. Was able to easily puill the wire out from the plug using a saftey pin. No permanent cuts in wire to be spliced at a later date. Can easily just slide it back in. Seems to work fine. Have not had an opportunity to REALLY field test it.
Old 02-07-2011, 06:45 AM   #237
Sooooooper Moderator
jhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: former TSgt/E6, 3D172, Cyber Transport, NC Air Guard and prior AD
Name: Jamie
jhodge83's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick54 View Post
What's just as good as choking the seat belt chirp is choking the chirp that happens every time you move the transmission from drive to reverse and back again. What the &^%* was Toyota thinking with that one. Do I need to be warned that I'm back in drive after I reversed???

i dont have any reverse/drive warning on my 09 and didnt have one on my 07...sounds odd
Old 02-07-2011, 08:03 AM   #238
David K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shed

David K's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhodge83 View Post
i dont have any reverse/drive warning on my 09 and didnt have one on my 07...sounds odd
X2... and I have had 3 Tacos ('01, '05, '10) none with any noise/ sound changing gears...
Old 02-08-2011, 01:52 PM   #239
Tacomanic is on a distinguished road
Tacomanic's Tacoma Gallery
Awesome Mod

This is a truly awesome mod and many thanks to this forum and all those who eased my skepticism with their thoughtful posts.

I am totally convinced that there is no way I could have made it into my place in the Sierra without the mod earlier this winter. Even with this mod it was rough. I put Blizzacks on my 2010 and even then with 14 inches of snow on a very steep grade of unplowed road and ice at the bottom of the snow it was gnarly. My biggest trouble was the rear end bouncing up and down trying to get traction, even with sand bags. No way of making it crawling as the 4 banger would just flat come to a stop. Little by little though I "plowed" my way up. Thanks again.

I actually had a mechanic friend help me with this following the threads here so it got done right and took less than 20 minutes.
Old 02-08-2011, 02:44 PM   #240

Yoytoda's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick54 View Post

the only thing i can think is in the standard, the reverse is very close to reverse so itll beep to let you know so you dont accidently put it in reverse.