Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Technical Chat

Notices

Fog lights don't work

Old 09-14-2009, 03:55 PM   #1
Tebow Apologist
Bobcat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobcat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobcat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobcat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobcat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobcat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobcat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobcat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobcat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobcat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobcat is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Bobcat's Tacoma Gallery
Fog lights don't work

Bulbs & fuse are good, what would be the cause. Bad relay? Please help.
Old 09-15-2009, 06:34 AM   #2
GeoTaco
Warren Thompson has a spectacular aura aboutWarren Thompson has a spectacular aura aboutWarren Thompson has a spectacular aura about

Name: Warren
Warren Thompson's Tacoma Gallery
I had this problem. Pissed me off. They only work when the headlights are on low beam. I know, dumb, but that is how they are wired I guess. Sucks. I know of a mod to wire them on with the high beams, but none with them wired to be on without the headlights on low beam.
Old 09-15-2009, 06:39 AM   #3
One of the original 7928
NumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Navy: Student Pilot
Name: Nick
NumNutz's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Warren Thompson View Post
I had this problem. Pissed me off. They only work when the headlights are on low beam. I know, dumb, but that is how they are wired I guess. Sucks. I know of a mod to wire them on with the high beams, but none with them wired to be on without the headlights on low beam.
That's just BS. I can run my fogs whenever I want. The mod is good for any setting. This is with parking lights only.

Old 09-15-2009, 09:28 AM   #4
Tebow Apologist
Bobcat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobcat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobcat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobcat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobcat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobcat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobcat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobcat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobcat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobcat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobcat is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Bobcat's Tacoma Gallery
Ok so maybe I don't have a problem. I just need to see if they come on when my low beams are on, right? If they work I will look into the fog lights on whenever I want mod.
Old 09-15-2009, 09:34 AM   #5
SC4333 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSC4333 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSC4333 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSC4333 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSC4333 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSC4333 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSC4333 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSC4333 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSC4333 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSC4333 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSC4333 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Grant
SC4333's Tacoma Gallery
Check if they work with the low beams on. If they do and you want them on whenever you would like, do the fog light anytime mod. The write-up can be found in the cheap/free mod thread.

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/tec...free-mods.html
Old 09-17-2009, 05:23 AM   #6
GeoTaco
Warren Thompson has a spectacular aura aboutWarren Thompson has a spectacular aura aboutWarren Thompson has a spectacular aura about

I want to do this mod. My question is this... The relay terminal is bent at a right angle and connected to the wire, so this terminal is unnecessary in the operation of the lights??

Thanks for any help you can give.
Old 09-17-2009, 05:30 AM   #7
tanktodd has a spectacular aura abouttanktodd has a spectacular aura about

Name: Todd
tanktodd's Tacoma Gallery
I tried to do the fog light mod and did it just like it said and my fog lights wouldn't work at all...(lights on or off) so i had to put it back to normal and they worked fine. Any thoughts on that?
Old 09-17-2009, 07:31 AM   #8
Slygrin is a jewel in the roughSlygrin is a jewel in the roughSlygrin is a jewel in the rough

Name: Mike
Slygrin's Tacoma Gallery
When I did the mod the other day I used a quick splice on the green wire. It worked for a bit then the fog lights would not come on at all. I found the splice had cut the wire and it had an intermittent connection, I could wiggle the green wire and the lights would come on. I removed the splice and soldered the connection and all is well now.
Old 09-19-2009, 03:20 PM   #9
GeoTaco

I did the mod today. Easy, quick and it all works. Yahoooo!!!