Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Technical Chat

Notices

TRD Oil FIlter

Old 09-18-2009, 08:05 PM   #1
SMG26 has a brilliant futureSMG26 has a brilliant futureSMG26 has a brilliant futureSMG26 has a brilliant futureSMG26 has a brilliant futureSMG26 has a brilliant futureSMG26 has a brilliant futureSMG26 has a brilliant futureSMG26 has a brilliant futureSMG26 has a brilliant futureSMG26 has a brilliant future
Name: Steve
SMG26's Tacoma Gallery
TRD Oil FIlter

I recently bought two TRD oil filters from trdparts4U.com. After opening and looking at the filter I noticed that they look just like the K&N filters with the wrench bolt on top. Does any one know if Toyota bought the filters from K&N and just slapped the TRD branding on them. They look like they could be twins.
Old 09-18-2009, 08:20 PM   #2
linkfeeney has much to be proud oflinkfeeney has much to be proud oflinkfeeney has much to be proud oflinkfeeney has much to be proud oflinkfeeney has much to be proud oflinkfeeney has much to be proud oflinkfeeney has much to be proud oflinkfeeney has much to be proud oflinkfeeney has much to be proud of

Name: link the stink!
linkfeeney's Tacoma Gallery
there's nothing special about them... i would get the original filter from Japan if you can
I found 3 at this dealer in VA... they had it order it from Japan... they wouldn't cheap... $13 a pop!
Old 09-18-2009, 08:50 PM   #3
REVHARD25 has a brilliant futureREVHARD25 has a brilliant futureREVHARD25 has a brilliant futureREVHARD25 has a brilliant futureREVHARD25 has a brilliant futureREVHARD25 has a brilliant futureREVHARD25 has a brilliant futureREVHARD25 has a brilliant futureREVHARD25 has a brilliant futureREVHARD25 has a brilliant futureREVHARD25 has a brilliant future

REVHARD25's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by dorifuto View Post
TRD and K&N have a contract together. Like, the TRD reusable air filter is just a K&N air filter rebranded, so it stands to reason that the TRD oil filter is just a K&N oil filter rebranded. (My buddy tells me that the TRD filter is just a normal Toyota Filter painted white with a nut welded on top. I guess crack'em open and compare...)

FYI: The TRD BBK is a Stop-tech BBK rebranded.
good info
Old 09-18-2009, 09:01 PM   #4
bite me
humanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shed

humanoid's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by dorifuto View Post
TRD and K&N have a contract together. Like, the TRD reusable air filter is just a K&N air filter rebranded, so it stands to reason that the TRD oil filter is just a K&N oil filter rebranded. (My buddy tells me that the TRD filter is just a normal Toyota Filter painted white with a nut welded on top. I guess crack'em open and compare...)

FYI: The TRD BBK is a Stop-tech BBK rebranded.
Any documentation to back up your statement? Just curious....