Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Technical Chat

Notices

fuel injector

Old 09-18-2009, 07:21 PM   #1
linkfeeney has much to be proud oflinkfeeney has much to be proud oflinkfeeney has much to be proud oflinkfeeney has much to be proud oflinkfeeney has much to be proud oflinkfeeney has much to be proud oflinkfeeney has much to be proud oflinkfeeney has much to be proud oflinkfeeney has much to be proud of

Name: link the stink!
linkfeeney's Tacoma Gallery
fuel injector

should I get mine clean at 30k?
I know about the bottles thing... but they have this whole kit that cleans it which costs like $350...

should go to the shop and get it done or use the techron or 3m?

anyone use the 3m fuel injector cleaner?
Old 09-18-2009, 07:23 PM   #2
This is TW. One never knows what is a joke anymore
beastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ian
beastlytaco's Tacoma Gallery
30k? correct me if im wrong but i think that might be a little too soon to clean those. and carefull with that cleaner, sometimes it can really screw up your oxygen sensors
Old 09-18-2009, 07:24 PM   #3
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by beastlytaco View Post
30k? correct me if im wrong but i think that might be a little too soon to clean those. and carefull with that cleaner, sometimes it can really screw up your oxygen sensors
X2.
Old 09-18-2009, 07:26 PM   #4
This is TW. One never knows what is a joke anymore
beastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ian
beastlytaco's Tacoma Gallery
isnt it more like 60 to 80,000 miles you should do that? AND besides, a can of seafoam or lucas fuel injector cleanor would be sufficient. or just run premium every now and again right?
Old 09-19-2009, 04:32 AM   #5
linkfeeney has much to be proud oflinkfeeney has much to be proud oflinkfeeney has much to be proud oflinkfeeney has much to be proud oflinkfeeney has much to be proud oflinkfeeney has much to be proud oflinkfeeney has much to be proud oflinkfeeney has much to be proud oflinkfeeney has much to be proud of

some people here said the seaform isn't good

is the lucas thing that good? About the Techron or 3M?
just wondering... I want to my engine to spray good inside! or Maybe super of Shell gas!
Man they are expensive!
Old 09-19-2009, 04:37 AM   #6
David Tarantino is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid Tarantino is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid Tarantino is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid Tarantino is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid Tarantino is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid Tarantino is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid Tarantino is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid Tarantino is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid Tarantino is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid Tarantino is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid Tarantino is one of the sharper tools in the shed

David Tarantino's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by linkfeeney View Post
should I get mine clean at 30k?
I know about the bottles thing... but they have this whole kit that cleans it which costs like $350...

should go to the shop and get it done or use the techron or 3m?

anyone use the 3m fuel injector cleaner?
$350 for a fuel service what is done for that much money?
Old 09-19-2009, 06:13 AM   #7
Oh yeah!
rb11701 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrb11701 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrb11701 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrb11701 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrb11701 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrb11701 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrb11701 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrb11701 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrb11701 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrb11701 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrb11701 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Rob
rb11701's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by David Tarantino View Post
$350 for a fuel service what is done for that much money?

Comes in a real good lookin' bottle.
Old 09-19-2009, 06:21 AM   #8
Carolina Alliance: Lead, follow, or get the hell outta my way
tacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Will
tacomaman06's Tacoma Gallery
bg44k works well from what i've heard. i always add a bottle of techron to my tank, every oil change.....no problems that i have seen. i use seafoam around every 15k miles thru the brake booster to keep the intake and all clean......but im sure it works on fuel injectors as well.
Old 09-19-2009, 06:33 AM   #9
David Tarantino is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid Tarantino is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid Tarantino is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid Tarantino is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid Tarantino is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid Tarantino is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid Tarantino is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid Tarantino is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid Tarantino is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid Tarantino is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid Tarantino is one of the sharper tools in the shed

David Tarantino's Tacoma Gallery
good god we do the service for $89.oo and if you have aaa i put in a discount
for $10 off
Old 09-19-2009, 10:57 AM   #10

oh sorry guys... my mistake. I meant I can buy this kit fuel injector kit for like $350.
Should i buy a bottle thingy or bring it to a mechanic to use that kit.
what they do with that kit is push out whatever the deposit left in and and whole alot of smoke comes out of the exhaust. More like blue smoke for about a min or so, then it will clear out.
Old 09-19-2009, 05:16 PM   #11
The NUTS
MaineTaco is on a distinguished road
Marines: Marines always but Im in the Air Force now
MaineTaco's Tacoma Gallery
I just use Seafoam. Did a buddys 2000 Jeep GC with 120000 miles on it the other day. I pluged in my Scan gauge before to check the RPM's and they were about 850 -950 with a warm moter after the Seafoam the RPM's were 700-775, so the stuff works. I put the sea foam in the Brake boster Vac line.

Will
Old 09-19-2009, 05:32 PM   #12
Hi
dysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the sheddysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the sheddysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the sheddysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the sheddysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the sheddysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the sheddysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the sheddysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the sheddysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the sheddysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the sheddysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Manny
dysfunctnlretard's Tacoma Gallery
Wow. I gotta do this and my Mom + Wifes Cars which have 150k+ miles. Im not sure where this stuff goes tho.

I know some goes in the PVC Line (where is it, what should it be connecting to?)

Some in the gas tank (Simple)

and some in my "oil crank case" (huh?)

sorry for the seemingly dumb questions but Im trying to learn.
Old 09-19-2009, 05:33 PM   #13
Hi
dysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the sheddysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the sheddysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the sheddysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the sheddysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the sheddysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the sheddysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the sheddysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the sheddysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the sheddysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the sheddysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Manny
dysfunctnlretard's Tacoma Gallery
How do I run a high idle? Just push the gas a little? What RPMS?
Old 09-19-2009, 05:58 PM   #14
bite me
humanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shed

humanoid's Tacoma Gallery
What kind of "fuel injector cleaning kit" costs $350??????? Got a link for this thing?
Old 09-19-2009, 05:59 PM   #15
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by dysfunctnlretard View Post
How do I run a high idle? Just push the gas a little? What RPMS?
High idle (IMHO) is around 2000 rpm's.
Old 09-20-2009, 11:05 AM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by humanoid View Post
What kind of "fuel injector cleaning kit" costs $350??????? Got a link for this thing?
3m fuel injector kit...
just google it
Old 09-20-2009, 11:15 AM   #17
tacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
3m fuel injector kit...
just google it
sure as hell aint worth no $350. hell.....seafoam is only about $8 a pint.....and techron is about the same.
Old 09-20-2009, 04:51 PM   #18

is that seafoam can really works that well? does anyone have any problem with this can of miracle??
Old 09-20-2009, 04:53 PM   #19

Quote:
is that seafoam can really works that well? does anyone have any problem with this can of miracle??
seafoam is great man. works awesomely thru the brake booster line.....and in the gas tank.
Old 09-20-2009, 05:30 PM   #20

i saw the you tube about it.. 1/3 in the gas tank, 1/3 in the engine and 1/3 in the brake booster? Then let it sit for like 10 mins... then run the engine and revving up high... once the smoke is gone... change the oil and that's about it right?