Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Technical Chat

Notices

Changing sparks plugs... What else should I do??

Old 09-19-2009, 07:36 AM   #1
GeoTaco
Warren Thompson has a spectacular aura aboutWarren Thompson has a spectacular aura aboutWarren Thompson has a spectacular aura about

Name: Warren
Warren Thompson's Tacoma Gallery
Changing sparks plugs... What else should I do??

I am going to change my sparks plugs today (Chris 4X4, thanks for the fantastic sticky!!). Since I have all the coverings off, is there anything else I shoud clean/check. I did a search of the forums about cleaning throttle body, but only found threads concerning 4 bangers and Gen 1 V6. Is this not a requirement for the Second Gen V6's??

Thanks for any help.
Old 09-19-2009, 07:37 AM   #2
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
Change the plugs, maybe the air filter, and call it good.
Old 09-19-2009, 07:41 AM   #3
GeoTaco
Warren Thompson has a spectacular aura aboutWarren Thompson has a spectacular aura aboutWarren Thompson has a spectacular aura about

Thanks Chris. I have the AFE filter and just tapped it out. It will be interesting to see how much knuckle flesh I will knock off with the spark plugs. Seems like I always bleed somewhere with the simplest task...
Old 09-19-2009, 07:44 AM   #4
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warren Thompson View Post
Thanks Chris. I have the AFE filter and just tapped it out. It will be interesting to see how much knuckle flesh I will knock off with the spark plugs. Seems like I always bleed somewhere with the simplest task...
I hear ya, Buddy.
Old 09-19-2009, 07:46 AM   #5
UnderWater Monopoly Champion
TicTacOma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTicTacOma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTicTacOma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTicTacOma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTicTacOma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTicTacOma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTicTacOma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTicTacOma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTicTacOma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTicTacOma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTicTacOma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: F-15 Crew-Chief
Name: Anastatia Beaverhausen
TicTacOma's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Yahoo to TicTacOma
I'm sure if there is anyone accustomed to scrapes and boo boo's it would be Sir Chris. I'd even go as far to say that when he is working on something especially in close quarters....The Red Cross just puts down a drip pan....Just saying
Old 09-19-2009, 07:51 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by TicTacOma View Post
I'm sure if there is anyone accustomed to scrapes and boo boo's it would be Sir Chris. I'd even go as far to say that when he is working on something especially in close quarters....The Red Cross just puts down a drip pan....Just saying
Old 09-19-2009, 03:18 PM   #7
GeoTaco

Okay, plugs done. No blood, hanging flesh or crushed nails!! My biggest problem was the damn spark plug socket coming off the extender after torquing down on the plugs. All else was easy, and I saved about $200. Took about 2 hours.

When done, I did the Fog Lights on anytime mod. It also worked!!! I am on a winning streak here.

Maybe I should cuddle up to the wife and see if my luck holds out. Afterall, she saw me over the engine, tools, electrical stuff, oily hands. She MUST be as excited as I am....

Yeah... An my Taco can fly...
Old 09-19-2009, 03:20 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warren Thompson View Post
Okay, plugs done. No blood, hanging flesh or crushed nails!! My biggest problem was the damn spark plug socket coming off the extender after torquing down on the plugs. All else was easy, and I saved about $200. Took about 2 hours.

When done, I did the Fog Lights on anytime mod. It also worked!!! I am on a winning streak here.

Maybe I should cuddle up to the wife and see if my luck holds out. Afterall, she saw me over the engine, tools, electrical stuff, oily hands. She MUST be as excited as I am....

Yeah... An my Taco can fly...
Thats why you see my extensions taped together with Electrical tape.
Old 09-19-2009, 03:24 PM   #9
GeoTaco

Good idea. Again, hindsight is 20/20.

Will I remember this in 30,000 miles when I do it again?? Hope rains eternal.

Half times disease is actually a blast!!