Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Technical Chat

Notices

Mobil 1 in trans case and rear diff

Old 09-22-2009, 06:05 PM   #1
EGtaco is on a distinguished road
EGtaco's Tacoma Gallery
Mobil 1 in trans case and rear diff

I was going to replace the transfer case and rear differential with Mobile 1 75WX90. How much do I need? I cant find anything in the book that tells me. Also do I need to add the LSD additive with Mobil 1??? The website says no but then also says that I can add OEM additive if I want to. WTF??? First they say you dont need it then they say you can use it if you want. Anyone out there using or not using the LSD additive with Mobil 1 in their trans case and diff???
Old 09-22-2009, 06:41 PM   #2
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
I belive you have the Auto LSD, so no addative needed. Get about 7 quarts. 3 for the rear, and the rest for the transfer case. Just fill it till it comes out the fill hole.
Old 09-22-2009, 06:56 PM   #3
Carolina Alliance: Lead, follow, or get the hell outta my way
tacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Will
tacomaman06's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by chris4x4 View Post
I belive you have the Auto LSD, so no addative needed. Get about 7 quarts. 3 for the rear, and the rest for the transfer case. Just fill it till it comes out the fill hole.
mobil1 dont work too good in the lsd diffs..........no prob with the lockers,but there aint enough additive in the mobil1, and the rear end will chatter.
Old 09-22-2009, 07:00 PM   #4
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by tacomaman06 View Post
mobil1 dont work too good in the lsd diffs..........no prob with the lockers,but there aint enough additive in the mobil1, and the rear end will chatter.
Yeah, Buit if he has the Auto LSD, thats an open diff, and traction is controled via brake aplication from the ECU. Mobil 1 would be fine.
Old 09-22-2009, 08:28 PM   #5
Carolina Alliance: Lead, follow, or get the hell outta my way
tacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Will
tacomaman06's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by chris4x4 View Post
Yeah, Buit if he has the Auto LSD, thats an open diff, and traction is controled via brake aplication from the ECU. Mobil 1 would be fine.
yeah...true.....i forget that they switched over to those type lsd's for the 09 year.
Old 09-22-2009, 08:33 PM   #6
Begin With The End In Mind.
carmellocafe is one of the sharper tools in the shedcarmellocafe is one of the sharper tools in the shedcarmellocafe is one of the sharper tools in the shedcarmellocafe is one of the sharper tools in the shedcarmellocafe is one of the sharper tools in the shedcarmellocafe is one of the sharper tools in the shedcarmellocafe is one of the sharper tools in the shedcarmellocafe is one of the sharper tools in the shedcarmellocafe is one of the sharper tools in the shedcarmellocafe is one of the sharper tools in the shedcarmellocafe is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: KEVIN
carmellocafe's Tacoma Gallery
Going dino in the rear diff. will save a little $ and since it's so easy to change at 15k or 30k you'd be fine IMO.
Old 09-22-2009, 08:34 PM   #7
DanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shed
DanGer's Tacoma Gallery
check this out, it is a great PDF of all the torque specs, fill levels, etc.

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/tec...seful-pdf.html
Old 09-23-2009, 01:09 PM   #8
EGtaco is on a distinguished road
EGtaco's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks guys and yes it is auto v6 2009 taco with lds