1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Can some one do me a favor?

Discussion in 'Technical Chat' started by Bearskill, Sep 22, 2009.

1. Sep 22, 2009 at 11:40 PM
    Bearskill

Bearskill [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Sac
    Vehicle:
    06 Access cab PreRunner Sport
    FlowMaster 40 duals out the back, T-Rex grill, Color matched TRD Nerf bars, Icon coilovers set at 2'', 2.75" OME Dakars spring packs, OME Nitro-Charger extended rear shocks, Carrier bearing drop kit, Wheeler's Extended break Lines, Total Chaos UCAs, Mojave Teflons and 31 1/2" Toyo Open Country A/Ts, Pioneer single din unit, Yakima roof rack, Malone roof basket with X2 KC 130w long range Slimmlights mounted to it, Garmin 255w nav, Fire bottle mod, Air Force standard First Aid kit mod, Hidden Muchette mod (don't ask), and 1 huge OCD about my truck.
    Ok, So Im just brain storming here. Being deployed thats all I have to do. Thinking of my wife and my truck and/or things I can do to it. Yes yes, in that order.:rolleyes: Can anyone post pics of the under side of there 05+. Spacificaly the area around the gas tank and then the oposite side? I can't just go out and look at mine since it is 13,000 miles away.
    Here's what Im thinking. And you can make fun all you want. I might deserve it. So when I get home Im getting new leaf packs of some sort. I keep hereing storys of the Taco lean. I have an OCD about things being "equal" and level, so if my baby ever got the "Taco lean", it would drive me crazy. So the cause of the eventual lean seems to be just a matter of whieght positioning, or bad positioning. So I was thinking about how hard it would be to mount another stock gas tank on the passenger side. Ok, let the hazing begin, but that would equal out the whieght and would give me another 17gal! I assume I would have to move some exuast maybe. I could re route the fill port and have it on the inside of the bed, passenger side, in front of the wheel well. K, this post is long enough. What do you guys think?
    :crapstorm:

2. Sep 22, 2009 at 11:43 PM
    DanGer

DanGer Avatar approved by 98tacomav6

Member:
    Northern Virginia & Blacksburg
    Vehicle:
    07 Base 4Cyl 4x4 Manual
    White Head Light mod, White shorty antennae, Doug Thorley Long Tube headers, AFE Drop in air filter, Secondary Air Filter Removed,
    I think it would function better to put a battery on the passenger side up front. I would like to see the results of your experiment

3. Sep 22, 2009 at 11:52 PM
    Bearskill

Member:
    Sac
    Vehicle:
    FlowMaster 40 duals out the back, T-Rex grill, Color matched TRD Nerf bars, Icon coilovers set at 2'', 2.75" OME Dakars spring packs, OME Nitro-Charger extended rear shocks, Carrier bearing drop kit, Wheeler's Extended break Lines, Total Chaos UCAs, Mojave Teflons and 31 1/2" Toyo Open Country A/Ts, Pioneer single din unit, Yakima roof rack, Malone roof basket with X2 KC 130w long range Slimmlights mounted to it, Garmin 255w nav, Fire bottle mod, Air Force standard First Aid kit mod, Hidden Muchette mod (don't ask), and 1 huge OCD about my truck.
    Well I finally found pics of the stock tank. I didn't think it was quite so side spasiffic. Well, any ideas?

4. Sep 22, 2009 at 11:56 PM
    DanGer

Member:
    Vehicle:
    07 Base 4Cyl 4x4 Manual
    White Head Light mod, White shorty antennae, Doug Thorley Long Tube headers, AFE Drop in air filter, Secondary Air Filter Removed,
    I thought a contributing factor was the weight of the batter and driver consistantly being in the truck can contribute to faster wear on the drivers side front coil.

Or i could be talking out of my ass

5. Sep 23, 2009 at 12:05 AM
    Bearskill

Member:
    Sac
    Vehicle:
    No, I don't think you are talking out of your ass. the batter and the driver are closer to the front coil than they are to the leafs, but Im trying to even out the whieght over all. In regaurds to whieght front to back, as a Pre runner I would rather keep more whieght in the back. I don't know how much a battery whieghs......50 pounds? Me = 170 pounds. Full 17 gal tank = 109 or so pounds. I could move the battery, but would not have the impact Im looking for. It would help though. One gas tank would help off set the other, then if I move the battery too, that would help off set the driver.
    Like I said, just brain storming here. I know this all sounds dumb. Just board.

6. Sep 23, 2009 at 12:20 AM
    DanGer

Member:
    Vehicle:
    07 Base 4Cyl 4x4 Manual
    I agree it is a fun discussion. Let me dwell on it a bit

7. Sep 23, 2009 at 12:28 AM
    Bearskill

Member:
    Sac
    Vehicle:
    If the dual tank idea doesn't work out I can always just stuff a dead hooker under the passenger side.:rolleyes:

8. Sep 23, 2009 at 1:46 AM
    Ridingontrd

Ridingontrd Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Richard
    Laughlin,N.V
    Vehicle:
    trd sport 4x4 w/towpkg
    aFe prodry,Dynomax ultra flo ss,Scangauge2,Demello front bumper,BudBuilt skids,sliders(local)AllPro rear bumper,Wet O's cobalt blu,w/halfpiping,TRD logo in gold,R/L hood struts,5150's@10"aal 3 pack,T/C uca,Light racing c/o,1"diff.drop,de-badged,
    How did you wind up w/a 17gal tank? :notsure:

9. Sep 23, 2009 at 4:59 AM
    Bearskill

Member:
    Sac
    Vehicle:
    Well, it's sopposed to be 21gal right? But I can never fit more than 17. lol.

10. Sep 23, 2009 at 5:10 AM
    Ridingontrd

Ridingontrd Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Richard
    Laughlin,N.V
    Vehicle:
    trd sport 4x4 w/towpkg
    aFe prodry,Dynomax ultra flo ss,Scangauge2,Demello front bumper,BudBuilt skids,sliders(local)AllPro rear bumper,Wet O's cobalt blu,w/halfpiping,TRD logo in gold,R/L hood struts,5150's@10"aal 3 pack,T/C uca,Light racing c/o,1"diff.drop,de-badged,
    lol...Yeah,it's 21. The light comes on around 3gal left.

11. Sep 23, 2009 at 1:58 PM
    Bearskill

Member:
    Sac
    Vehicle:
    Bump! Anyone have any more info, or is this a retarded Idea? I don't even know if there is room on the other side for a second tank.

12. Sep 23, 2009 at 6:23 PM
    Jason'sLawnCare

Jason'sLawnCare Prepared for Bambi

Member:
    First Name:
    Jason
    Jacksonville Florida
    Vehicle:
    08 4x4 Double Cab TRD Rugged Trail
    CBI Moab 2.0, CBI Trail Rider 2.0, CBI sliders w/kickout, Superwinch EPi9.0S, OME sport shocks w/886 coils, OME n182, 1.5" aal, JasonBuilt 3/16th full belly skid, BuiltRight uca, Body Mount Chop, 285/75/16 km2's, Rear cat delete, exhaust crossover rerouted, Fog light anytime, Locker mod, Rear leaf tsb, Debadged, Uws Tool Box, Electric Exhaust Cutout, AFE Pro Dry S, Kiwi Wifi, Diff Breather Relocated, Grom Ipod Adapter, Dual Diehard platinum batteries isolated by BlueSea marine switch
    This pic may or may not help but I'll try. You would definatly have to move the exhaust quite a bit.

[​IMG]

13. Sep 23, 2009 at 6:34 PM
    IndigoTaco

IndigoTaco Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    07 Access Cab Sport 4x4
    a 1/4" spacer would do the trick!

14. Sep 23, 2009 at 6:51 PM
    Old Soul

Old Soul Well-Known Member

Member:
    NC
    Vehicle:
    09 AC V6 SR5 2WD SWB
    not to many, love it the way it is
    ^ +1 Chris4x4 had some he was was making for the taco lean..

15. Sep 23, 2009 at 7:02 PM
    Mrgoody86

Mrgoody86 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Alex
    Lincoln, CA
    Vehicle:
    2009 Tacoma 4x4, DBL Cab, Sport Edition
    K&N CAI, Custom duel exhaust with jones muffler, Viper Alarm w/ remote start, Cobra radar detector hard wired and mounted above rear view mirror. Leather Arm rest mod, LED cabin light, Redline elite hood struts. Bilstien 5100's all around, front coilover set at 2.5", Toytec aal, and Total Chaos UCA's, Scangauge II, Front Diff Drop kit, Yellow Lamin-X fog light covers, 6K HID conversion Kit for Headlights
    yea im pretty sure wheelers offroad had some 1/4" spacers or something that would offset the "Taco Lean". Ill check into it. Hows Deployment? Yea I deploy a lot outta beale it sucks and find myself researching for the truck.

Products Discussed in

To Top