Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Technical Chat

Notices

Can some one do me a favor?

Old 09-22-2009, 11:40 PM   #1
Bearskill is one of the sharper tools in the shedBearskill is one of the sharper tools in the shedBearskill is one of the sharper tools in the shedBearskill is one of the sharper tools in the shedBearskill is one of the sharper tools in the shedBearskill is one of the sharper tools in the shedBearskill is one of the sharper tools in the shedBearskill is one of the sharper tools in the shedBearskill is one of the sharper tools in the shedBearskill is one of the sharper tools in the shedBearskill is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: Bunch-O-Bullshit
Bearskill's Tacoma Gallery
Can some one do me a favor?

Ok, So Im just brain storming here. Being deployed thats all I have to do. Thinking of my wife and my truck and/or things I can do to it. Yes yes, in that order. Can anyone post pics of the under side of there 05+. Spacificaly the area around the gas tank and then the oposite side? I can't just go out and look at mine since it is 13,000 miles away.
Here's what Im thinking. And you can make fun all you want. I might deserve it. So when I get home Im getting new leaf packs of some sort. I keep hereing storys of the Taco lean. I have an OCD about things being "equal" and level, so if my baby ever got the "Taco lean", it would drive me crazy. So the cause of the eventual lean seems to be just a matter of whieght positioning, or bad positioning. So I was thinking about how hard it would be to mount another stock gas tank on the passenger side. Ok, let the hazing begin, but that would equal out the whieght and would give me another 17gal! I assume I would have to move some exuast maybe. I could re route the fill port and have it on the inside of the bed, passenger side, in front of the wheel well. K, this post is long enough. What do you guys think?
Old 09-22-2009, 11:43 PM   #2
DanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shed
DanGer's Tacoma Gallery
I think it would function better to put a battery on the passenger side up front. I would like to see the results of your experiment
Old 09-22-2009, 11:56 PM   #4
DanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shed
DanGer's Tacoma Gallery
I thought a contributing factor was the weight of the batter and driver consistantly being in the truck can contribute to faster wear on the drivers side front coil.

Or i could be talking out of my ass
Old 09-23-2009, 12:05 AM   #5
Bearskill is one of the sharper tools in the shedBearskill is one of the sharper tools in the shedBearskill is one of the sharper tools in the shedBearskill is one of the sharper tools in the shedBearskill is one of the sharper tools in the shedBearskill is one of the sharper tools in the shedBearskill is one of the sharper tools in the shedBearskill is one of the sharper tools in the shedBearskill is one of the sharper tools in the shedBearskill is one of the sharper tools in the shedBearskill is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: Bunch-O-Bullshit
Bearskill's Tacoma Gallery
No, I don't think you are talking out of your ass. the batter and the driver are closer to the front coil than they are to the leafs, but Im trying to even out the whieght over all. In regaurds to whieght front to back, as a Pre runner I would rather keep more whieght in the back. I don't know how much a battery whieghs......50 pounds? Me = 170 pounds. Full 17 gal tank = 109 or so pounds. I could move the battery, but would not have the impact Im looking for. It would help though. One gas tank would help off set the other, then if I move the battery too, that would help off set the driver.
Like I said, just brain storming here. I know this all sounds dumb. Just board.
Old 09-23-2009, 12:20 AM   #6
DanGer's Tacoma Gallery
I agree it is a fun discussion. Let me dwell on it a bit
Old 09-23-2009, 05:10 AM   #10
Ridingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: '83-'87 Hull Tech.
Name: Richard
Ridingontrd's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Yahoo to Ridingontrd
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bearskill View Post
Well, it's sopposed to be 21gal right? But I can never fit more than 17. lol.
lol...Yeah,it's 21. The light comes on around 3gal left.
Old 09-23-2009, 06:34 PM   #13
IndigoTaco is a splendid one to beholdIndigoTaco is a splendid one to beholdIndigoTaco is a splendid one to beholdIndigoTaco is a splendid one to beholdIndigoTaco is a splendid one to beholdIndigoTaco is a splendid one to beholdIndigoTaco is a splendid one to behold
IndigoTaco's Tacoma Gallery
a 1/4" spacer would do the trick!
Old 09-23-2009, 06:51 PM   #14
Old Soul is one of the sharper tools in the shedOld Soul is one of the sharper tools in the shedOld Soul is one of the sharper tools in the shedOld Soul is one of the sharper tools in the shedOld Soul is one of the sharper tools in the shedOld Soul is one of the sharper tools in the shedOld Soul is one of the sharper tools in the shedOld Soul is one of the sharper tools in the shedOld Soul is one of the sharper tools in the shedOld Soul is one of the sharper tools in the shedOld Soul is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Old Soul's Tacoma Gallery
^ +1 Chris4x4 had some he was was making for the taco lean..
Old 09-23-2009, 07:02 PM   #15
Mrgoody86 is an unknown quantity at this point
Air Force: 99th Aircraft Maintainence SQ
Name: Alex
Mrgoody86's Tacoma Gallery
yea im pretty sure wheelers offroad had some 1/4" spacers or something that would offset the "Taco Lean". Ill check into it. Hows Deployment? Yea I deploy a lot outta beale it sucks and find myself researching for the truck.