Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Technical Chat

Notices

lube chasis pics

Old 09-23-2009, 07:20 PM   #1
nighthawk87 will become famous soon enoughnighthawk87 will become famous soon enough
nighthawk87's Tacoma Gallery
lube chasis pics

Does anyone have the pics for where the truck suspension/drivetrain can be lubed so it doesn't clunk anymore?
Old 09-24-2009, 08:26 AM   #3
-TRDMAN- is one of the sharper tools in the shed-TRDMAN- is one of the sharper tools in the shed-TRDMAN- is one of the sharper tools in the shed-TRDMAN- is one of the sharper tools in the shed-TRDMAN- is one of the sharper tools in the shed-TRDMAN- is one of the sharper tools in the shed-TRDMAN- is one of the sharper tools in the shed-TRDMAN- is one of the sharper tools in the shed-TRDMAN- is one of the sharper tools in the shed-TRDMAN- is one of the sharper tools in the shed-TRDMAN- is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Greg
-TRDMAN-'s Tacoma Gallery
Just don't apply to much and blow out the seals!
Old 09-24-2009, 08:51 AM   #4
nighthawk87 will become famous soon enoughnighthawk87 will become famous soon enough
Do I have to buy a special grease gun to do this?
Old 09-24-2009, 09:43 AM   #6
65tacodude is one of the sharper tools in the shed65tacodude is one of the sharper tools in the shed65tacodude is one of the sharper tools in the shed65tacodude is one of the sharper tools in the shed65tacodude is one of the sharper tools in the shed65tacodude is one of the sharper tools in the shed65tacodude is one of the sharper tools in the shed65tacodude is one of the sharper tools in the shed65tacodude is one of the sharper tools in the shed65tacodude is one of the sharper tools in the shed65tacodude is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Wade
65tacodude's Tacoma Gallery
Around when you you do this? Granted i know depends on if you O-R alot, but just an estimate would be good
Old 09-24-2009, 09:46 AM   #7
I think mine needs it because when I stop it isn't smooth it shifts kinda.
Old 09-24-2009, 10:00 AM   #8
Uncivilized Creations Prez
PrezidentRedz is one of the sharper tools in the shedPrezidentRedz is one of the sharper tools in the shedPrezidentRedz is one of the sharper tools in the shedPrezidentRedz is one of the sharper tools in the shedPrezidentRedz is one of the sharper tools in the shedPrezidentRedz is one of the sharper tools in the shedPrezidentRedz is one of the sharper tools in the shedPrezidentRedz is one of the sharper tools in the shedPrezidentRedz is one of the sharper tools in the shedPrezidentRedz is one of the sharper tools in the shedPrezidentRedz is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Redz
PrezidentRedz's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to PrezidentRedz
Quote:
Originally Posted by -TRDMAN- View Post
Just don't apply to much and blow out the seals!
you supposed to pump it in until you can see new grease come out of the U-joint, and if its clunking you may need to replace it.
Old 09-24-2009, 10:18 AM   #9
not cluncking but when I stop I feel it shift...its not as smooth as it was the first day I got the truck
Old 09-24-2009, 10:19 AM   #10
Uncivilized Creations Prez
PrezidentRedz is one of the sharper tools in the shedPrezidentRedz is one of the sharper tools in the shedPrezidentRedz is one of the sharper tools in the shedPrezidentRedz is one of the sharper tools in the shedPrezidentRedz is one of the sharper tools in the shedPrezidentRedz is one of the sharper tools in the shedPrezidentRedz is one of the sharper tools in the shedPrezidentRedz is one of the sharper tools in the shedPrezidentRedz is one of the sharper tools in the shedPrezidentRedz is one of the sharper tools in the shedPrezidentRedz is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Redz
PrezidentRedz's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to PrezidentRedz
Quote:
Originally Posted by nighthawk87 View Post
not cluncking but when I stop I feel it shift...its not as smooth as it was the first day I got the truck
is this a manual or auto? also does your truck have the 2pc shaft in the rear?
Old 09-27-2009, 11:50 AM   #11
jinxed77 will become famous soon enough
jinxed77's Tacoma Gallery
My 06 4x4 auto doesn't have any. It just has three universal grease fittings on the rear shaft. Not on the front. Mine has a rubber boot on front and rear shaft. They must not have put them on the earlier models. That sucks cause that means I just have to live with it or fork out a bunch of money to buy a different drive shaft.
Old 09-27-2009, 01:15 PM   #12
The dog did it...I swear!
OffroadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedOffroadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedOffroadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedOffroadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedOffroadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedOffroadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedOffroadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedOffroadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedOffroadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedOffroadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedOffroadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Location: High Desert... land of junipers, sage brush, and lava rock
OffroadToy's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by nighthawk87 View Post
Do I have to buy a special grease gun to do this?
The small pistol grip guns are handy for one hand operation, you can then hold the attachment on the zerk ftg with your other hand. Get a rubber extension hose for the gun.
Correct me if I'm wrong here, but as far as I can see there's a total of 5 zerk fittings on the drive shaft of the 05 and up 4x4's. The 2 forward most zerks are harder to see, but they are there. You might have to rotate the drive line a bit to see them.
Old 09-27-2009, 01:43 PM   #13
Old & Forgetful
Janster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jandy
Janster's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnecon2001 View Post
Pretty easy to spot on the 2nd gens.

I believe there are 5 on the 4x4 models.
I haven't looked myself on mine....but wondering if that's the slip yoke zerk?
Old 09-27-2009, 05:12 PM   #14
jinxed77 will become famous soon enough
jinxed77's Tacoma Gallery
I found the front universal grease fittings on mine. They are in the center of the universal joints. My truck doesn't have the slip yoke fittings though. It has a sealed boot.