Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Technical Chat

Notices

4Runner Help

Old 09-26-2009, 06:24 PM   #1
Señor Member
DriverSound is one of the sharper tools in the shedDriverSound is one of the sharper tools in the shedDriverSound is one of the sharper tools in the shedDriverSound is one of the sharper tools in the shedDriverSound is one of the sharper tools in the shedDriverSound is one of the sharper tools in the shedDriverSound is one of the sharper tools in the shedDriverSound is one of the sharper tools in the shedDriverSound is one of the sharper tools in the shedDriverSound is one of the sharper tools in the shedDriverSound is one of the sharper tools in the shed

DriverSound's Tacoma Gallery
4Runner Help

Hey guys, I know this is a tacoma forum but I also have a 2nd gen 4runner with the pos 3vz-e and I am in the middle of replacing the knock sensor and I can't seem to get the lower intake manifold off because it's stuck to the block real good. I'm afraid to damage it. Any ideas on how to remove it without causing damage? I tried pulling on it, hammering it with a rubber malet and nothing. I don't want to pry on it since the heads are aluminum.
Old 09-26-2009, 06:28 PM   #2
:POOPCORN:
98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines:
Name: Ben
98tacoma27's Tacoma Gallery
Are you sure all of the bolts/nuts have been removed?
Old 09-26-2009, 06:41 PM   #3
Señor Member
DriverSound is one of the sharper tools in the shedDriverSound is one of the sharper tools in the shedDriverSound is one of the sharper tools in the shedDriverSound is one of the sharper tools in the shedDriverSound is one of the sharper tools in the shedDriverSound is one of the sharper tools in the shedDriverSound is one of the sharper tools in the shedDriverSound is one of the sharper tools in the shedDriverSound is one of the sharper tools in the shedDriverSound is one of the sharper tools in the shedDriverSound is one of the sharper tools in the shed

All bolts have been removed. I've never had this problem with the V8's I've worked on. A little tap and manifolds are out.
Old 09-26-2009, 08:06 PM   #4
bite me
humanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shed

humanoid's Tacoma Gallery
Head on over to yotatech.com or ultimateyota.com for more help if you don't get it here.
Old 09-27-2009, 10:43 AM   #5
Señor Member

I finally got the manifold off this morning. It just needed some MacGyver engineering. Btw, I've got more responses from here than Yotatech and 4runner.org combined. Thanks guys.

I've also been taking pictures along the way, maybe I'll do a write-up.
Old 04-21-2011, 03:39 PM   #6
Doug Warren is on a distinguished road
Navy:
Name: Doug
Doug Warren's Tacoma Gallery
It would be nice to see pictures and instructions on what it takes to remove.