1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Viper Alarm installer taking my trailer break connection.

Discussion in 'Technical Chat' started by msaniac, Oct 4, 2009.

1. Oct 4, 2009 at 9:52 AM
    msaniac

msaniac [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Clemson, SC
    Vehicle:
    '09 DC 4x4 TRD Sport Longbed
    LED Bed Lights, Prodigy P3 Brake Controller, K&N Air Filter, Viper 5901 Alarm, Kenwood 9140 Headunit (Sirius/GPS/Backup Camera)
    Not 100% sure where to post this as it deals with towing but more so technical stuff with wiring, etc.

I picked up my 09 Tacoma around 4/17/09 and had an alarm system installed (viper 5901) a week later. This morning I was going to install my trailer brakes, as I'm planning on towing a trailer within the next month.

The problem is I can't find the towing harness plugin above the driverside kick panel. My rookie eyes spent about 45-60 minutes looking for the thing but complicating this was the alarm unit mounted here. I was thinking it was just in the way but instead I dug around even taking off the gray bottom dash panel off.

I traced the appropriate color wires and what it appears to me is that they clipped the harness and used its wires to help wire the alarm system, possibly for shutting off the engine (it has remote start) when the brake pedal is pushed.

Now this is upsetting if it is the case. Is there anyone who can provide me a detailed picture of which harness the plug is attached to?

Thanks and any help is appreciated whether it be a comment about what to tell my alarm installer (Master's Car Audio, etc.) or about how to wire around it and splice back into the appropriate cables.

What do you all think?

Edit: Truck details almost forgot.
    2009 TRD Sport Longbed
    Towing Package (has the 7 pin trailer connect on rear bumper which is what I'm trying to tie my brake controller connection into, it should be a easy plug and play)

Products Discussed in

To Top