1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

How do you install a Keyless Entry/Remote Start on 2005 Tacoma!!?

Discussion in 'Technical Chat' started by noloc45, Oct 4, 2009.

1. Oct 4, 2009 at 12:26 PM
    noloc45

noloc45 [OP] New Member

Member:
    Ok...before anyone says it, I know there are plenty of threads/posts on this subject, but I need something a bit more specific.

I have looked at this thread: http://www.customtacos.com/forum/sho...d.php?t=100635

And I got the wiring diagram and they even have a specific wire-to-wire explanation, BUT, I have no clue what any of that means! For instance, the one wire-to-wire PDF file says that the STARTER is a green/black wire, + (i assume that means positive??) and it's located in the ignition harness. Where is the ignition harness on a 2005 Tacoma?? I was looking at all the wires near the fuse box to the left of the steering wheel and although I did find some of the right colors, there were some (listed on the PDF file) that I could not locate?

So I just need an explanation of the location of all these wires. I would gladly take my truck to Best Buy or some shop, but I wanna give it a try myself first. Please please please help! Thanks!

GC

2005 Tacoma PreRunner, Single Cab, No Power Anything, Manual Trans**

Products Discussed in

To Top