Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Technical Chat

Notices

Reverse lights not working

Old 10-22-2009, 08:58 AM   #1
atypicaljb is on a distinguished road
atypicaljb's Tacoma Gallery
Reverse lights not working

This post was originally posted in lighting without much success or feedback so I figured I would try technical chat thread.

I have a 2006 trd sport 4x4 and the other night it was brought to my attention that my reverse lights were not working so the following day I checked the bulbs and all my fuses and everything was good so I checked electronic connections to transmission and everything was intact plus gear selection on gauge cluster is working properly.

Does anyone have any ideas on what could be wrong or how to get the reverse lights working again?

Since then I have bought new bulbs and replaced even though the old ones appeared to be brand new and I still have no reverse lights!
Old 10-28-2009, 06:39 AM   #2
atypicaljb is on a distinguished road
atypicaljb's Tacoma Gallery
Does anyone have any suggestions?
Old 10-28-2009, 08:43 PM   #3
Omnipotent
Hootbro is one of the sharper tools in the shedHootbro is one of the sharper tools in the shedHootbro is one of the sharper tools in the shedHootbro is one of the sharper tools in the shedHootbro is one of the sharper tools in the shedHootbro is one of the sharper tools in the shedHootbro is one of the sharper tools in the shedHootbro is one of the sharper tools in the shedHootbro is one of the sharper tools in the shedHootbro is one of the sharper tools in the shedHootbro is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army:
Hootbro's Tacoma Gallery
Jumper the connector going to your Park/Neutral Position Switch. If the lights come on, you have a bad or mis-adjusted switch. If no lights still, need to start checking electrical power and grounds in the circuit.

I am inclined to think you have a ground issue as the Park/Neutral switch also provides the same electrical path for your instrument cluster illumination.

Cheap Harbor Freight $3 multimeter and some basic electrical understanding can go a long way in resolving the issue.

http://www.ncttora.com/FSM/05+/data/.../h/em01d11.pdf

http://www.ncttora.com/FSM/05+/data/...06ta/02800.pdf