1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Wanted Info: Detriot Tru-Trac

Discussion in 'Technical Chat' started by CtryBoyInMT, Feb 11, 2008.

1. Feb 11, 2008 at 9:12 PM
    CtryBoyInMT

CtryBoyInMT [OP] Lifetime Member

Member:
    United States of America
    Vehicle:
    2008 4WD V6 Access Manual TRD Off-Road
    Tinted windows, Rear locker anytime, Secondary filter delete, Parking light activated Fog lights, USA▪Spec Ipod adapter, Map light mod, Relocated 7-Blade, Warn Trans4mer Brushguard & winch, Tire chains, Homelink© installed in headliner, LED lighted 4x4 Switch, Defrost w/o A/C, Heated mirrors, Bilstein 5100's (1.75") & Rear TSB, 50w Reverse lights, Pratt & Whitney PT6A-68, Will this list ever end???
    I was just wasting time online last night and came across this type of differential. I talked to a co-worker who has this system installed in his FWD Mazda 6 and says it's the best thing for differentials since sliced bread. The concept is cool, I was just wondering how well it works in our Front, real world style (Using 4WD in normal traffic conditions as well as Off-Road). Has anyone messed with this?
    I really do not have any way of justifiying the expense, just curious.

http://www.eaton.com/EatonCom/Produ...ducts/Differentials/DetroitTruetrac/index.htm

2. Feb 12, 2008 at 4:49 AM
    007Tacoma

007Tacoma I dub thee malicious!

Member:
    First Name:
    Mark
    San Antonio, TX
    Vehicle:
    2015 4Runner Trail Edition Premium
    Cloaking Device
    I had one in my old 2WD Suburban, and, yes, they are awesome. I have been told that Detroit doesn't make one for the newer Toyota axles yet.

Besides, you already have a locker in the rear. If you want something for the front, you should get another locker. The Limited Slip of the Tru Trac isn't made for serious off-roading. With the 4WD and the locker, you should be able to get through anything. If you were just using the LSD in the rear, that would make more sense.

Hope this helps. Cheers!

3. Feb 12, 2008 at 3:04 PM
    concrete jedi

concrete jedi Well-Known Member

Member:
    Rochester N.Y
    Vehicle:
    06 Tacoma 4 door indigo blue
    Broken and scratched tailgate, cracked rear tail light lens, coffee stain in driver seat.
    Chevy/GMC label these as G-80 rear end diffs, and they work great, there is even a clip on youtube. You could also check Richmond gear, they have one as well, bring your wallet, Chevy/GMC adds about 4000 for this option.

4. Feb 12, 2008 at 4:18 PM
    11secgt

11secgt Well-Known Member

Member:
    dont have a clue about the one for the taco....but i have had one in my supercharged mustang for years without a problem...never fails to lock no matter if i am going straight or talking a corner either direction..my auburn blew out several times, usually when i needed it the most...

5. Feb 13, 2008 at 8:45 AM
    nd

nd Radical Town. It's a hell of a place!

Member:
    First Name:
    Nate
    Greenville, SC
    Vehicle:
    07 TRD Off-Road 4x4 debadged
    De badged, 5100's, Black Toyota Baja wheels
    hahaha! i love your mod section. those mods seem to give you alot of extra hp. i had no idea i gained 5 hp when i tinted my windows :)

Sorry, i dont have any info on the truetrac, i just wanted tell you how impressed i am with your massive power gains :)

6. Feb 13, 2008 at 9:25 AM
    CtryBoyInMT

CtryBoyInMT [OP] Lifetime Member

Member:
    United States of America
    Vehicle:
    2008 4WD V6 Access Manual TRD Off-Road
    Tinted windows, Rear locker anytime, Secondary filter delete, Parking light activated Fog lights, USA▪Spec Ipod adapter, Map light mod, Relocated 7-Blade, Warn Trans4mer Brushguard & winch, Tire chains, Homelink© installed in headliner, LED lighted 4x4 Switch, Defrost w/o A/C, Heated mirrors, Bilstein 5100's (1.75") & Rear TSB, 50w Reverse lights, Pratt & Whitney PT6A-68, Will this list ever end???
    The HP gains were posted right there on the window tint box.

So it just MUST be true!! :rolleyes:

Products Discussed in

To Top