Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Technical Chat

Notices

Wanted Info: Detriot Tru-Trac

Old 02-11-2008, 09:12 PM   #1
Lifetime Member
CtryBoyInMT is one of the sharper tools in the shedCtryBoyInMT is one of the sharper tools in the shedCtryBoyInMT is one of the sharper tools in the shedCtryBoyInMT is one of the sharper tools in the shedCtryBoyInMT is one of the sharper tools in the shedCtryBoyInMT is one of the sharper tools in the shedCtryBoyInMT is one of the sharper tools in the shedCtryBoyInMT is one of the sharper tools in the shedCtryBoyInMT is one of the sharper tools in the shedCtryBoyInMT is one of the sharper tools in the shedCtryBoyInMT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

CtryBoyInMT's Tacoma Gallery
Wanted Info: Detriot Tru-Trac

I was just wasting time online last night and came across this type of differential. I talked to a co-worker who has this system installed in his FWD Mazda 6 and says it's the best thing for differentials since sliced bread. The concept is cool, I was just wondering how well it works in our Front, real world style (Using 4WD in normal traffic conditions as well as Off-Road). Has anyone messed with this?
I really do not have any way of justifiying the expense, just curious.

http://www.eaton.com/EatonCom/Produc...trac/index.htm
Old 02-12-2008, 04:49 AM   #2
I dub thee malicious!
007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mark
007Tacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to 007Tacoma
I had one in my old 2WD Suburban, and, yes, they are awesome. I have been told that Detroit doesn't make one for the newer Toyota axles yet.

Besides, you already have a locker in the rear. If you want something for the front, you should get another locker. The Limited Slip of the Tru Trac isn't made for serious off-roading. With the 4WD and the locker, you should be able to get through anything. If you were just using the LSD in the rear, that would make more sense.

Hope this helps. Cheers!
Old 02-12-2008, 03:04 PM   #3
concrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Shit deflector
concrete jedi's Tacoma Gallery
Chevy/GMC label these as G-80 rear end diffs, and they work great, there is even a clip on youtube. You could also check Richmond gear, they have one as well, bring your wallet, Chevy/GMC adds about 4000 for this option.
Old 02-12-2008, 04:18 PM   #4
11secgt is on a distinguished road

11secgt's Tacoma Gallery
dont have a clue about the one for the taco....but i have had one in my supercharged mustang for years without a problem...never fails to lock no matter if i am going straight or talking a corner either direction..my auburn blew out several times, usually when i needed it the most...
Old 02-13-2008, 08:45 AM   #5
Radical Town. It's a hell of a place!
nd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these parts

Name: Nate
nd's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by CtryBoyInMT View Post
I was just wasting time online last night and came across this type of differential. I talked to a co-worker who has this system installed in his FWD Mazda 6 and says it's the best thing for differentials since sliced bread. The concept is cool, I was just wondering how well it works in our Front, real world style (Using 4WD in normal traffic conditions as well as Off-Road). Has anyone messed with this?
I really do not have any way of justifiying the expense, just curious.

http://www.eaton.com/EatonCom/Produc...trac/index.htm
hahaha! i love your mod section. those mods seem to give you alot of extra hp. i had no idea i gained 5 hp when i tinted my windows

Sorry, i dont have any info on the truetrac, i just wanted tell you how impressed i am with your massive power gains