Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Technical Chat

Notices

Secret Button?

Old 09-11-2009, 10:59 AM   #21
August West is on a distinguished road

August West's Tacoma Gallery
Muchas Gracias! I knew someone would have the answer!
Old 09-11-2009, 11:12 AM   #22
Bangers Runner
GotLift37 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGotLift37 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGotLift37 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGotLift37 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGotLift37 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGotLift37 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGotLift37 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGotLift37 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGotLift37 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGotLift37 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGotLift37 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Matt
GotLift37's Tacoma Gallery
I think he is talking about the TPMS reset button? I could be wrong.

Does the button have a picture like so:
Old 09-11-2009, 11:31 AM   #23
RogueLeader has a brilliant futureRogueLeader has a brilliant futureRogueLeader has a brilliant futureRogueLeader has a brilliant futureRogueLeader has a brilliant futureRogueLeader has a brilliant futureRogueLeader has a brilliant futureRogueLeader has a brilliant futureRogueLeader has a brilliant futureRogueLeader has a brilliant futureRogueLeader has a brilliant future

Air Force: Aircraft Armament Tech
Name: Rod
RogueLeader's Tacoma Gallery
I think it could be a spare tire release button. Have the passenger push it when you're being tailgated and it will cause the spare to bounce up and smack the windshield. That'll make 'em back off.
Old 09-11-2009, 12:06 PM   #24
avidoffroad.com
McJosh is one of the sharper tools in the shedMcJosh is one of the sharper tools in the shedMcJosh is one of the sharper tools in the shedMcJosh is one of the sharper tools in the shedMcJosh is one of the sharper tools in the shedMcJosh is one of the sharper tools in the shedMcJosh is one of the sharper tools in the shedMcJosh is one of the sharper tools in the shedMcJosh is one of the sharper tools in the shedMcJosh is one of the sharper tools in the shedMcJosh is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Josh
McJosh's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by RogueLeader View Post
I think it could be a spare tire release button. Have the passenger push it when you're being tailgated and it will cause the spare to bounce up and smack the windshield. That'll make 'em back off.
Yeah good one, then you can get sued. haha. I'll look if I have the button. What if it is a Lojack sensor or something?
Old 09-11-2009, 12:16 PM   #25
avidoffroad.com
McJosh is one of the sharper tools in the shedMcJosh is one of the sharper tools in the shedMcJosh is one of the sharper tools in the shedMcJosh is one of the sharper tools in the shedMcJosh is one of the sharper tools in the shedMcJosh is one of the sharper tools in the shedMcJosh is one of the sharper tools in the shedMcJosh is one of the sharper tools in the shedMcJosh is one of the sharper tools in the shedMcJosh is one of the sharper tools in the shedMcJosh is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Josh
McJosh's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by oakleyTRD View Post
holy thread revival!!!!!!
So has anyone figured it out in almost two years?
Old 09-11-2009, 12:52 PM   #26
Devout Atheist
piercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jon
piercedtiger's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to piercedtiger
Quote:
Originally Posted by GotLift37 View Post
I think he is talking about the TPMS reset button? I could be wrong.

Does the button have a picture like so:

Last time I checked that button was on the driver side of my truck, under the steering wheel. The OP says his "button" is on the passenger side on the firewall. So no, that's not it. Please play again.
Old 09-11-2009, 01:01 PM   #27
Bangers Runner
GotLift37 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGotLift37 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGotLift37 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGotLift37 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGotLift37 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGotLift37 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGotLift37 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGotLift37 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGotLift37 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGotLift37 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGotLift37 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Matt
GotLift37's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by piercedtiger View Post
Last time I checked that button was on the driver side of my truck, under the steering wheel. The OP says his "button" is on the passenger side on the firewall. So no, that's not it. Please play again.

I need to learn to read... haha maybe he has a RHD conversion and his passenger side is our driver side? lol
Old 09-15-2009, 11:13 PM   #28
The dog did it...I swear!
OffroadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedOffroadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedOffroadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedOffroadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedOffroadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedOffroadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedOffroadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedOffroadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedOffroadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedOffroadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedOffroadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Location: High Desert... land of junipers, sage brush, and lava rock
OffroadToy's Tacoma Gallery
I think the button the op is talking about is just a plug. There are a couple in the engine compartment up top of the wheel wells also. I pried one up, and all it does is plug a hole, probably to keep moisture out.
Old 09-17-2009, 10:28 PM   #29
MGRS is on a distinguished road
Army:
MGRS's Tacoma Gallery
While we are on the topic, what is the white plastic plunger just above the gas pedal for?