Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Technical Chat

Notices

Spark plug problems

Old 11-18-2009, 01:41 PM   #1
The tacoman is on a distinguished road
The tacoman's Tacoma Gallery
Spark plug problems

I changed out my spark plugs the other day and they were gapped correctly and tightened down and everything seems to be correctly hooked up and back in place, but my gas mileage since changing them has dropped almost 5 mpg. Any suggestions what this could be? I didn't know if it was possible to just have a bad spark plug, and if so what i could do to figure out which one. Any help is greatly appreciated.
Old 11-18-2009, 01:43 PM   #2
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
Something isnt right....How many miles? Engine type? Mods?
Old 11-18-2009, 01:53 PM   #3
The tacoman is on a distinguished road
The tacoman's Tacoma Gallery
I used the OEM denso plugs. Bought them at the dealership. My truck is an 06 double cab trd. I had gotten about 17-18 mpg, but only ran a half a tank through it this time and noticed that the fuel gauge was going quicker than normal, filled up and got just over 12 mpg. Don't have any mods that should affect it. I guess I may just take them all out again and double check everything.
Old 11-11-2011, 09:12 AM   #4
oregonianincalifornia is on a distinguished road
oregonianincalifornia's Tacoma Gallery
Tacoman,

Did taking it apart and fixing it help? I have the exact problem. After searching the threads this is the only one I could find.

Thanks
Old 11-11-2011, 09:14 AM   #5
I've done... questionable things.
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter North
OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
I had the same problem , but it only occurred for the first tank if gas after the plug change , then went back to normal .
Old 11-11-2011, 09:18 AM   #6
I support a velociraptor free workplace.
BrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Marcelasaurus
BrokenTusk's Tacoma Gallery
2009 thread revival...
Old 11-11-2011, 09:19 AM   #7
oregonianincalifornia is on a distinguished road
oregonianincalifornia's Tacoma Gallery
great, thanks. Hopefully after the next tank it will return to normal. I will update if it does.

Revived threads sometimes help!
Old 11-11-2011, 09:20 AM   #8
BrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by oregonianincalifornia View Post
great, thanks. Hopefully after the next tank it will return to normal. I will update if it does.

Revived threads sometimes help!
My bad, I misread yours about having the same issue
Old 11-11-2011, 09:23 AM   #9
I've done... questionable things.
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter North
OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrokenTusk View Post
2009 thread revival...
Gestapo
Old 11-11-2011, 09:27 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by OZ-T View Post
Gestapo
Thats policia to you