1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

AFE Pro Dry filtering Ability?

Discussion in 'Technical Chat' started by coldcanuk, Nov 23, 2009.

1. Nov 23, 2009 at 3:32 PM
    coldcanuk

coldcanuk [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Calgary
    Vehicle:
    3.4 L
    I bought an AFE Pro Dry based on a lot of people liking it on this site. It looks great, but I can't find any 3rd party technical reviews on the filtering ability of it?

I was wondering if anyone sent in an oil sample for review and then got feedback on how well the air filter was working? I'm planning to send an sample in on my old girl, but that's not for another 4k or so.

I mean it looks good to me and they claim 93.9%, or something like that but I'm still not sold.

Any hard data on how good it is at filtering the crappy stuff?

Thanks.

I also had a minor mod to make it fit correctly against the bottom clips on my gen 1 in the airbox, but that's another post.

2. Nov 23, 2009 at 3:44 PM
    Tacoyota

Tacoyota senile member

Member:
    North of Cali, South of Canada
    Vehicle:
    08 4wd
    4.56 gears, rear trutrac,DT header, 235/85r16 Duratracs, 2nd filter pulled, inter.wipers, Cruise control, Factory alum. whls/winter tires(2nd set), Afe pro Dry-S , Dumbo eared flaps cut down.
    All I hear is that it filters more than the K&N, I got an Afe dry-s too. My assumption is, that more breathable in the same area, means less filtration than stock, dunno though.

Products Discussed in

To Top