Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Technical Chat

Notices

No sound when I use auto door locking device

Old 12-02-2009, 07:02 PM   #1
dannynuc is on a distinguished road
dannynuc's Tacoma Gallery
No sound when I use auto door locking device

Is there a way to turn on a sound device so you can hear a beep or slight horn honk or something when you use your auto key device.
Old 12-02-2009, 07:06 PM   #2
( . )( . )
Stillfly199 is one of the sharper tools in the shedStillfly199 is one of the sharper tools in the shedStillfly199 is one of the sharper tools in the shedStillfly199 is one of the sharper tools in the shedStillfly199 is one of the sharper tools in the shedStillfly199 is one of the sharper tools in the shedStillfly199 is one of the sharper tools in the shedStillfly199 is one of the sharper tools in the shedStillfly199 is one of the sharper tools in the shedStillfly199 is one of the sharper tools in the shedStillfly199 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Law Enforcement:
Name: J.D.
Stillfly199's Tacoma Gallery
I looked in my manual with my 07 because I was curious and didnt find anything
Old 12-02-2009, 07:10 PM   #3
Living the dream !!!
mountainwolfpup is one of the sharper tools in the shedmountainwolfpup is one of the sharper tools in the shedmountainwolfpup is one of the sharper tools in the shedmountainwolfpup is one of the sharper tools in the shedmountainwolfpup is one of the sharper tools in the shedmountainwolfpup is one of the sharper tools in the shedmountainwolfpup is one of the sharper tools in the shedmountainwolfpup is one of the sharper tools in the shedmountainwolfpup is one of the sharper tools in the shedmountainwolfpup is one of the sharper tools in the shedmountainwolfpup is one of the sharper tools in the shed

mountainwolfpup's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to mountainwolfpup Send a message via Yahoo to mountainwolfpup Send a message via Skype™ to mountainwolfpup
NO

OK, simple answer. No.

As far as I understand it there is not a beep for lock or unlock on a Tacoma since 2005. Unless, you got the VIP alarm. If you got the alarm system option then yes there are beeps.

One solution you could consider is an aftermarket alarm? They are not overly expensive, usually around $100 - $300 and will give you the beeps.

As for me I really appreciate that the truck does not make any audible noises as I like to camp and prefer silence, and also make many late night trips out to my driveway for stuff I forget to get outa the truck.. so I guess my neighbors also appreciate the silence.

Best wishes.
Old 12-02-2009, 07:13 PM   #4
The MOST Badass Offroad Truck
BravesFan is one of the sharper tools in the shedBravesFan is one of the sharper tools in the shedBravesFan is one of the sharper tools in the shedBravesFan is one of the sharper tools in the shedBravesFan is one of the sharper tools in the shedBravesFan is one of the sharper tools in the shedBravesFan is one of the sharper tools in the shedBravesFan is one of the sharper tools in the shedBravesFan is one of the sharper tools in the shedBravesFan is one of the sharper tools in the shedBravesFan is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Rob
BravesFan's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by mountainwolfpup View Post
OK, simple answer. No.

As far as I understand it there is not a beep for lock or unlock on a Tacoma since 2005. Unless, you got the VIP alarm. If you got the alarm system option then yes there are beeps.
My 09 does and its a base with nothing on it....just letting you know so i guess they just started putting it in on the 09s
Old 12-02-2009, 07:17 PM   #5
Living the dream !!!
mountainwolfpup is one of the sharper tools in the shedmountainwolfpup is one of the sharper tools in the shedmountainwolfpup is one of the sharper tools in the shedmountainwolfpup is one of the sharper tools in the shedmountainwolfpup is one of the sharper tools in the shedmountainwolfpup is one of the sharper tools in the shedmountainwolfpup is one of the sharper tools in the shedmountainwolfpup is one of the sharper tools in the shedmountainwolfpup is one of the sharper tools in the shedmountainwolfpup is one of the sharper tools in the shedmountainwolfpup is one of the sharper tools in the shed

mountainwolfpup's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to mountainwolfpup Send a message via Yahoo to mountainwolfpup Send a message via Skype™ to mountainwolfpup
Interesting

Well that's pretty fickle of Toyota. Hmmm.

Thanks for filling in that piece of intel. I have an 07 and it is totally silent.. so yeah, that is odd. Maybe a lot of people missed the beeps?

Anyway, either you have beeps or you don't. There is no way to turn them on and off that I know of.
Old 12-02-2009, 07:36 PM   #6
Sooooooper Moderator
jhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: former TSgt/E6, 3D172, Cyber Transport, NC Air Guard and prior AD
Name: Jamie
jhodge83's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Well that's pretty fickle of Toyota. Hmmm.

Thanks for filling in that piece of intel. I have an 07 and it is totally silent.. so yeah, that is odd. Maybe a lot of people missed the beeps?

Anyway, either you have beeps or you don't. There is no way to turn them on and off that I know of.
started back in 09's....my 07 was silent too. there is a write up in the cheap mods section to install one.
Old 12-02-2009, 07:44 PM   #7
The Stroker Ace
hendooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedhendooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedhendooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedhendooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedhendooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedhendooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedhendooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedhendooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedhendooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedhendooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedhendooman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jeff
hendooman's Tacoma Gallery
yeah my 09 beeped, and it drove me insane...turned it off. Actually I think it was the first thing I learned on TW.
Old 12-02-2009, 07:45 PM   #8
The MOST Badass Offroad Truck
BravesFan is one of the sharper tools in the shedBravesFan is one of the sharper tools in the shedBravesFan is one of the sharper tools in the shedBravesFan is one of the sharper tools in the shedBravesFan is one of the sharper tools in the shedBravesFan is one of the sharper tools in the shedBravesFan is one of the sharper tools in the shedBravesFan is one of the sharper tools in the shedBravesFan is one of the sharper tools in the shedBravesFan is one of the sharper tools in the shedBravesFan is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Rob
BravesFan's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by hendooman View Post
yeah my 09 beeped, and it drove me insane...turned it off. Actually I think it was the first thing I learned on TW.
Huh, I actuly love it bc im paranoid about it being locked and stuff
Old 12-02-2009, 09:34 PM   #9
come on fhqwhgads
pittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shed

pittim's Tacoma Gallery
I hated the beep in my 03. I just took the buzzer completely out You can still hear it lock if it's quiet enough, but theres no annoying BEEP or BEEP BEEP, just the sound of the actuators or whatever.
Old 12-02-2009, 09:53 PM   #10
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
I just got the Moerse box and attached it. I like the "beep'.
Old 12-02-2009, 10:10 PM   #11
Roll Tide
HondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: James
HondaGM's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by chris4x4 View Post
I just got the Moerse box and attached it. I like the "beep'.
yeah, me too............sounds like shes talking to me.
Old 12-02-2009, 11:07 PM   #12
BIG DADDY
brutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shed

brutalguyracing's Tacoma Gallery
i have an 09 and it beeped hated it..got a remote start put in. no alarm just starter. now no beeps just a light flash....... sweet
Old 12-03-2009, 12:11 AM   #14
RWS_350MAG is a jewel in the roughRWS_350MAG is a jewel in the roughRWS_350MAG is a jewel in the roughRWS_350MAG is a jewel in the rough

Name: Don
RWS_350MAG's Tacoma Gallery
The first thing I did to my '10 was silence the beep. I can hear the lock actuators do their thing when I push the button on the key fob. That and the flash of the running lights is good enough for me.
Old 12-03-2009, 12:57 PM   #15
There's an evil monkey in my truck
Evil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: Tradevman (flight simulator tech), Aviation Electrician (F-14a), Computer Scientist(civ)
Name: Robert
Evil Monkey's Tacoma Gallery
I added a cheep piezo beeper to mine that only goes off when I lock it. It's not overly loud but it lets me know I locked it if I'm not right next to the truck. I just followed the instructions in the cheap mod section.
Old 12-03-2009, 02:03 PM   #16
If you want it bad, you usually get it bad!
Mark C. is one of the sharper tools in the shedMark C. is one of the sharper tools in the shedMark C. is one of the sharper tools in the shedMark C. is one of the sharper tools in the shedMark C. is one of the sharper tools in the shedMark C. is one of the sharper tools in the shedMark C. is one of the sharper tools in the shedMark C. is one of the sharper tools in the shedMark C. is one of the sharper tools in the shedMark C. is one of the sharper tools in the shedMark C. is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: LCDR Mustang (Ret) - 30 yrs - Submarine and Target Service
Name: Mark
Mark C.'s Tacoma Gallery
Beep

Quote:
Originally Posted by RWS_350MAG View Post
The first thing I did to my '10 was silence the beep. I can hear the lock actuators do their thing when I push the button on the key fob. That and the flash of the running lights is good enough for me.
Don.....how did you turn off your lock/unlock beep? I have a 2010 that I just got....I hate the beep too. I disconnected it and taped off the connector. Is there another way other than going to the dealer?
Old 12-04-2009, 12:31 AM   #17
RWS_350MAG is a jewel in the roughRWS_350MAG is a jewel in the roughRWS_350MAG is a jewel in the roughRWS_350MAG is a jewel in the rough

Name: Don
RWS_350MAG's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark C. View Post
Don.....how did you turn off your lock/unlock beep? I have a 2010 that I just got....I hate the beep too. I disconnected it and taped off the connector. Is there another way other than going to the dealer?
1) Open drivers door, and put key into ignition.

2) Remove key, and within 5 seconds re-insert key into ignition, and turn ignition switch to the on position.

3) After 10 seconds, the system enters the answer back buzzer switching mode.

4) Within 10 seconds after answer back switching mode is started, press the unlock button on your key fob twice. The answer back buzzer setting changes, to activate or disable the answer back by buzzer.

Thats it. It worked for me the first time I tried it.

Here is the link I learned it from.
http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2nd...k-my-taco.html
Old 12-04-2009, 02:45 AM   #18
JDCPA is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDCPA is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDCPA is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDCPA is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDCPA is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDCPA is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDCPA is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDCPA is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDCPA is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDCPA is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDCPA is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jim
JDCPA's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by chris4x4 View Post
I like the "beep'.

What he said. Being able to hit the button while walking away from the truck is a good thing. Hearing the second set of beeps tells me the passenger door is open and my wife won't be standing there wondering why I won't let her in.
Old 04-10-2011, 08:10 AM   #20
samsung has a brilliant futuresamsung has a brilliant futuresamsung has a brilliant futuresamsung has a brilliant futuresamsung has a brilliant futuresamsung has a brilliant futuresamsung has a brilliant futuresamsung has a brilliant futuresamsung has a brilliant futuresamsung has a brilliant futuresamsung has a brilliant future

Name: George
samsung's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
OK, simple answer. No.

One solution you could consider is an aftermarket alarm? They are not overly expensive, usually around $100 - $300 and will give you the beeps.

As for me I really appreciate that the truck does not make any audible noises as I like to camp and prefer silence, and also make many late night trips out to my driveway for stuff I forget to get outa the truck.. so I guess my neighbors also appreciate the silence.

Best wishes.
my 2011 taco beeps when locking and unlocking. (factory alarm)