LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Technical Chat

Notices

DIY: Wiring after-market lights

Old 10-11-2013, 03:56 PM   #121
Indffrnce will be the fall of manknd but who cares
Drunknsloth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrunknsloth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrunknsloth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrunknsloth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrunknsloth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrunknsloth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrunknsloth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrunknsloth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrunknsloth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrunknsloth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrunknsloth is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Retribution
Drunknsloth's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmyd View Post
Hi! I just joined, had my 2013 Tacoma about 2 months now. I am installing fog lights, and the wiring is giving me some problems mainly no instructions or wiring digrams. Any one know what to do with this mess of wires?
A picture or a diagram of what you have might help
Old 11-15-2013, 01:35 PM   #122
TACO FOR LIFE has a spectacular aura aboutTACO FOR LIFE has a spectacular aura about
Name: Seth
TACO FOR LIFE's Tacoma Gallery
ok so i followed this to the T and no lights when i hit the switch. im wondering when i check the relay for power it has it going in but i checked the other prong with the lights on it and the one with the switch and neither have power. does this mean i have a bad relay or could something else be wrong
Old 11-15-2013, 07:48 PM   #123
Bsheriff11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBsheriff11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBsheriff11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBsheriff11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBsheriff11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBsheriff11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBsheriff11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBsheriff11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBsheriff11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBsheriff11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBsheriff11 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS:
Name: Brandon
Bsheriff11's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TACO FOR LIFE View Post
ok so i followed this to the T and no lights when i hit the switch. im wondering when i check the relay for power it has it going in but i checked the other prong with the lights on it and the one with the switch and neither have power. does this mean i have a bad relay or could something else be wrong
Make sure you have a good solid ground first, re check everything step by step
Old 11-16-2013, 12:31 AM   #124
The Ayatollah of Asshollah
acdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shed
acdronin's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TACO FOR LIFE View Post
yeah, check grounds, swap out relays to see if that's it, possible switch could be bad too
Old 12-08-2013, 08:09 AM   #125
Professional bear handler
MTopp has much to be proud ofMTopp has much to be proud ofMTopp has much to be proud ofMTopp has much to be proud ofMTopp has much to be proud ofMTopp has much to be proud ofMTopp has much to be proud ofMTopp has much to be proud ofMTopp has much to be proud ofMTopp has much to be proud of

Name: Matt
MTopp's Tacoma Gallery
sub'd. just bought some kc's
Old 02-05-2014, 12:28 PM   #127
US Patriot
Dondy52 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDondy52 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDondy52 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDondy52 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDondy52 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDondy52 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDondy52 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDondy52 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDondy52 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDondy52 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDondy52 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Michael
Dondy52's Tacoma Gallery
Great thread and very thorough. I will be ordering some lights this week, as I am still doing some more research on quality lights. I'm wanting two mounted in the front and a flood light mounted on the back on the cab.