Notices

CB Installation

Old 03-09-2008, 06:19 PM   #1
Higgins
ahigginsdeca is on a distinguished road
Name: Alex
ahigginsdeca's Tacoma Gallery
CB Installation

I'm putting a CB into my truck and I'm hoping that I can do the intallation myself. Has anyone done this before?
Old 03-09-2008, 08:02 PM   #2
Higgins
thanks! I was going to mount it in the bed, but then I realized that it's going to have to be somewhere metal... I'll have to figure that out because it won't fit on my roof because with my lift, it won't really work where I park...

Do you know how much that metal vs. composite affects the reception?
Old 03-09-2008, 08:33 PM   #3
Higgins
it wouldn't have been so bad though 'cause I got my lift and so it's not like you can see on top of my roof anymore...but I know what you're saying.

I was kind hoping to keep the antenna behind the windshield...I get distracted easily

I'm thinkin' on the front end of one of the bed rails... perhaps on the back bumper if possible...maybe mounted off of it on one side or the other like that mount off of the front in the pic...
Old 03-09-2008, 08:36 PM   #4
Higgins
I may bring it down to the the only place in town that installs them and see what they think about reception...
Old 03-09-2008, 08:51 PM   #5
Higgins
true... Thanks for all of your help though!
Old 03-09-2008, 09:50 PM   #6
Sooooooper Moderator
jhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: former TSgt/E6, 3D172, Cyber Transport, NC Air Guard and prior AD
Name: Jamie
jhodge83's Tacoma Gallery
i mounted mine to the inside of bed, but i ran a ground wire from one of the screws to a common ground w/ my cargo lights. seems to work fine
Old 03-10-2008, 06:56 PM   #8
Sooooooper Moderator
jhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

i have pics in my gallery of hoe mine's mounted. there's no pics of the ground wire though, b/c its between the cab/bed
Old 03-10-2008, 07:20 PM   #9
Higgins
Thanks a bunch. How is the reception since the antenna isn't mounted over metal? What size antenna is that? I really like the truck though.
Old 03-10-2008, 07:26 PM   #10
Sooooooper Moderator

thanks...the antenna is a 4' fiberglass k40. the reception is pretty good so far
Old 04-09-2008, 07:43 PM   #12
slaptheebass is on a distinguished road
slaptheebass's Tacoma Gallery
i got the same antenna, but mounted my on the drivers side hood, works good
Old 05-20-2008, 03:30 AM   #13
ninja_taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedninja_taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedninja_taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedninja_taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedninja_taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedninja_taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedninja_taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedninja_taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedninja_taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedninja_taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedninja_taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS:
Name: Nick
ninja_taco's Tacoma Gallery
anyone using the window mounted antennas? such as this one: http://www.zalmar.com/detail-Communi...ios-18_258.htm
i had one given to me, not that exact one. just wonderin how well they actually work
Old 05-28-2008, 10:38 PM   #14
ninja_taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedninja_taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedninja_taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedninja_taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedninja_taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedninja_taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedninja_taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedninja_taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedninja_taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedninja_taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedninja_taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS:
Name: Nick
ninja_taco's Tacoma Gallery
anyone?
Old 05-29-2008, 02:13 PM   #15
ILove2Drive is one of the sharper tools in the shedILove2Drive is one of the sharper tools in the shedILove2Drive is one of the sharper tools in the shedILove2Drive is one of the sharper tools in the shedILove2Drive is one of the sharper tools in the shedILove2Drive is one of the sharper tools in the shedILove2Drive is one of the sharper tools in the shedILove2Drive is one of the sharper tools in the shedILove2Drive is one of the sharper tools in the shedILove2Drive is one of the sharper tools in the shedILove2Drive is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Casey
ILove2Drive's Tacoma Gallery
I have a truck box and mounted mine to the sides of the box, that way there are no holes in the truck or anything. I have dual 3 foot antennas. You can see them in my pics.
Old 05-29-2008, 02:57 PM   #16
Sooooooper Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILove2Drive View Post
I have a truck box and mounted mine to the sides of the box, that way there are no holes in the truck or anything. I have dual 3 foot antennas. You can see them in my pics.
i mounted mine to my box after i got one of those installed.