Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Technical Chat

Notices

Toyota Racing CORR Trucks

Old 12-22-2009, 07:57 PM   #1
sachou is one of the sharper tools in the shedsachou is one of the sharper tools in the shedsachou is one of the sharper tools in the shedsachou is one of the sharper tools in the shedsachou is one of the sharper tools in the shedsachou is one of the sharper tools in the shedsachou is one of the sharper tools in the shedsachou is one of the sharper tools in the shedsachou is one of the sharper tools in the shedsachou is one of the sharper tools in the shedsachou is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Sam
sachou's Tacoma Gallery
Toyota Racing CORR Trucks

So I was looking around on the Toyota website and checked out their Racing division.

Went to the specs section of their trucks and discovered that they use the 3RZ engine in their Pro-Lite Trucks. Cool, must be a damn good engine then. What really surprised me is the power this thing puts out: 275HP!! That's 125 more than the stock 3RZ! And the damn thing's stroke is even reduced so that it's not a 2.7 liter anymore, but a 2.5 liter engine.

At first I though it was turboed or supercharged, but then I looked up the CORR Rule book and they don't allow those.

What also interested me is the use of side draft carburetors. Why would CORR not allow fuel injection?

I'm glad to see that they're running 32x11.5 tires on 4.10 gearing, because that's what i'm using.

I know that LC Engineering makes an engine that uses a billet belt drive system instead of a timing chain...

Not really a point to this thread. I just thought that this was all very interesting...

Oh, and HOW CAN I MAKE MY ENGINE LIKE THIS!?
Old 04-21-2010, 04:02 PM   #2
tacolibre is on a distinguished road
Name: Chad
tacolibre's Tacoma Gallery
don't be too suprised that the 3RZ is a good engine. I have been reading up on the world racing/Rado scion tc for a long time. uses a LC race block and is a test bed sponsored through Scion/Toyota. Recently they put down the first 6sec front wheel drive pass and a dyno pull at over 2000HP to the wheels

no joke either. If I remember right, back when they hit the 1700 horse mark they were pushing 65-70psi