Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Technical Chat

Notices

Maint Required Light

Old 03-13-2008, 06:05 AM   #1
Rio is on a distinguished road
Rio's Tacoma Gallery
Exclamation Maint Required Light

2007 tacoma, I had the dealer do an oil change at 4400 miles (coupon deal, I usually just do it myself). Last night at 9400 miles the maint required light comes on so this morning I call the dealer to inquire about the light and the service manager tells me the maint required light comes on every 5k miles and that they reset the light when I had the service at 4400 miles. I've never had this in any truck I've ever owned before. My last vehilce was a 96' T-100. If I do my own oil change then how can I reset the light myself ?
Old 03-13-2008, 06:13 AM   #2
My other ride has sails
Roland is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoland is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoland is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoland is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoland is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoland is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoland is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoland is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoland is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoland is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoland is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Combat Arms Instructor, HQ Detachment, RING
Roland's Tacoma Gallery
I've done it and it involves holding the trip display button and the ignition.... I don't remember the steps but the reset process is in the owners manual.
Old 03-13-2008, 06:22 AM   #4
The TW 1%
ForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Coast Guard: Chief Petty Officer, ITC
Name: Drunken Sailor
ForeRunner's Tacoma Gallery
Rio, here you go.

Yoo can do it or the dealer can. It's just a little reminder for people to change their oil.
Old 03-13-2008, 06:45 AM   #5
Rio is on a distinguished road
Rio's Tacoma Gallery
Thumbs up

thanks!