Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Technical Chat

Notices

Headlight Restoration Kit

Old 03-16-2008, 02:56 PM   #1
Mellow has much to be proud ofMellow has much to be proud ofMellow has much to be proud ofMellow has much to be proud ofMellow has much to be proud ofMellow has much to be proud ofMellow has much to be proud ofMellow has much to be proud ofMellow has much to be proud of

Mellow's Tacoma Gallery
Thumbs up Headlight Restoration Kit

I asked some suggestions to clear up my Mom's 99 Tacoma and got a lot of great responses here.

I decided to give the Walmart kit a try.

Below, you'll see what the package looks like and it's contents.

Also, you'll see before and after pics.

There was basically 2 types of sandpaper, not sure what grit they were. As well as CV-1 which appeared to be some liquid polish. CV-2 appears to be some type of wax or coating that goes on last. I used to work at a Target when I was in high school and we'd buff the floors then put a white milk-like wax on the floor, this stuff smelled just like that - sorry, it's been a few years and I don't know what that stuff was called.

The package does now state what is specifically in the packets so I don't have a lot of info.

The outcome is satisfactory in my opinion.
Attached Thumbnails
Headlight Restoration Kit-img_0614.jpg   Headlight Restoration Kit-img_0615.jpg   Headlight Restoration Kit-img_0616.jpg   Headlight Restoration Kit-img_0617.jpg   Headlight Restoration Kit-img_0618.jpg  

Old 03-16-2008, 02:57 PM   #2
Mellow has much to be proud ofMellow has much to be proud ofMellow has much to be proud ofMellow has much to be proud ofMellow has much to be proud ofMellow has much to be proud ofMellow has much to be proud ofMellow has much to be proud ofMellow has much to be proud of

Mellow's Tacoma Gallery
6th picture
Attached Thumbnails
Headlight Restoration Kit-img_0619.jpg  
Old 03-16-2008, 07:14 PM   #3
Devout Atheist
piercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jon
piercedtiger's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to piercedtiger
Thanks for the info! I saw that stuff a while back and wondered if it was worth it. My 98 Corolla could sure use it! It's lights are almost yellow now.
Old 03-17-2008, 04:36 AM   #4

Mellow's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by piercedtiger View Post
Thanks for the info! I saw that stuff a while back and wondered if it was worth it. My 98 Corolla could sure use it! It's lights are almost yellow now.
Well, it was about $20... so, not sure if it was worth it as the headlights weren't as bad as I thought they were. Many mentioned on the other thread that just the right sandpaper and some elbow grease would do good. I wish I knew the contents of everything that was supplied but odds are, if they didn't put it there it was because it was basic stuff you could get a lot cheaper.

Sometimes, I'm just lazy, so this was fine with me. I'm satisfied with the results. I just wish I'd thought about it earlier but I should have done her sig and tail lights as there was plenty of stuff in the bag for the whole vehicle. I would have only done the lenses that had internal bezels. Her front parking lights have a textured bezel on the outside.