1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

No air flow at max heat setting

Discussion in 'Technical Chat' started by bobkosicki, Jan 8, 2010.

1. Jan 8, 2010 at 8:15 PM
    bobkosicki

bobkosicki [OP] New Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    07 tacoma 4 cyl
    I've got a 2007 4cyl tacoma. When I turn the temperature select dial to max heat (Full Clockwise) the air flow slows way down almost to nothing. The blower motor does not slow down, it seems like a damper is not opening.
    I pulled both servo motors off the side heater core box and they both seem to work properly. Also I manually moved the damper levers and the air flow stops as I move the air inlet lever from the cold position to the hot position. Is there linkage inside the box that opens a hot damper as the cold damper shuts?:confused:

2. Jan 8, 2010 at 8:18 PM
    BAT24

BAT24 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Ohio
    Vehicle:
    TRD Rugged Trail
    TRD - CAI Sport Hood Sport Grille Sport Headlights OEM LED Tails Factory Roof Rack
    I had the same issue on my truck. There is a TSB for it I think it is the blend door seal comes loose and shuts off the air flow. They have to remove the dash to get to it and replace the door. Good Luck with it.

3. Jan 8, 2010 at 8:26 PM
    bobkosicki

bobkosicki [OP] New Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    07 tacoma 4 cyl
    The dash is partially off now looks like more is commimg off to get at the box.
    Where can I get the TSB?

4. Jan 8, 2010 at 8:32 PM
    BirdTRD

BirdTRD Unsuspectingly striking from above

Member:
    First Name:
    Greg
    New Mexico
    Vehicle:
    TRD Off Road 4x4
    Front (2.75" total): 1.6" Eibach coils, Toytec 0.5" (L) & 0.25" (R) top plate spacers, 5100's @ 0.85", Built Right uniball UCA's, Differential drop, Removed sway bar Rear: TSB springs, Wheeler's 1.5" AAL, 5100's, 2* shims, Carrier bearing drop, F and R Spidertrax, 285/75-16 Goodyear Duratracs, Self-fabbed sliders, rear bumper, and skid plates, Cobra 75 CB, Bed lined slim lo-pro tool box, Bed Extender, Diff breather mod, Two tail gate security mods, Exhaust dumped behind axle, Can't leave shit alone so plenty more coming...

Products Discussed in

To Top