LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Technical Chat

Notices

ideas on how to lower my 00 tacoma

Old 01-30-2007, 10:39 AM   #1
yota8282 is on a distinguished road
yota8282's Tacoma Gallery
ideas on how to lower my 00 tacoma

i need to know the best way to lower my tacoma and still have a good ride i dont wanna put air bags on it i just want it lowered
Old 01-30-2007, 01:11 PM   #2
twoarezee is one of the sharper tools in the shedtwoarezee is one of the sharper tools in the shedtwoarezee is one of the sharper tools in the shedtwoarezee is one of the sharper tools in the shedtwoarezee is one of the sharper tools in the shedtwoarezee is one of the sharper tools in the shedtwoarezee is one of the sharper tools in the shedtwoarezee is one of the sharper tools in the shedtwoarezee is one of the sharper tools in the shedtwoarezee is one of the sharper tools in the shedtwoarezee is one of the sharper tools in the shed

twoarezee's Tacoma Gallery
finally something i can be a real help with. sooo how low do you want to go and what size rim/tires do you want? i am sitting at a 3"/5" drop right now but i am going to go to a 4.5"/6" soon. i have the DJM drop kit which includes upper control arms and hardware to flip the ball joints to give a 3" drop in front, and i have 4" DJM steel blocks in the rear and i removed the middle leaf and flipped the overload leaf on the springs for a 5" rear drop. i have lots of pics in the gallery so you can see how mine sits. let me know what you want and i can help you from there.
Old 01-31-2007, 08:27 AM   #5
i have sixteen inch wheels now i think i might wanna go with eighteens and i dont want it too low but you know what i mean still wanna have ground clearance but i live in the country so i have to be able to make it down the dirt road or move to the city
Old 01-31-2007, 08:52 AM   #6
I dub thee malicious!
007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mark
007Tacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to 007Tacoma
Quote:
Originally Posted by yota8282 View Post
i need to know the best way to lower my tacoma and still have a good ride i dont wanna put air bags on it i just want it lowered
Awe! You just made twoarezee's day! Now if we can only get several more of ya! We need the Gen1+custom people here.

BTW, twoarezee - NICE TRUCK!
Old 01-31-2007, 01:30 PM   #7
twoarezee is one of the sharper tools in the shedtwoarezee is one of the sharper tools in the shedtwoarezee is one of the sharper tools in the shedtwoarezee is one of the sharper tools in the shedtwoarezee is one of the sharper tools in the shedtwoarezee is one of the sharper tools in the shedtwoarezee is one of the sharper tools in the shedtwoarezee is one of the sharper tools in the shedtwoarezee is one of the sharper tools in the shedtwoarezee is one of the sharper tools in the shedtwoarezee is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by 007Tacoma View Post
Awe! You just made twoarezee's day! Now if we can only get several more of ya! We need the Gen1+custom people here.

BTW, twoarezee - NICE TRUCK!
thanks
Old 01-31-2007, 01:37 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by yota8282 View Post
i have sixteen inch wheels now i think i might wanna go with eighteens and i dont want it too low but you know what i mean still wanna have ground clearance but i live in the country so i have to be able to make it down the dirt road or move to the city
get this kit then:

http://www.stylinconcepts.com/parts....rtfamilyid/550

it is what i have right now and will give you a 3"/4" drop. it will look good with your 16's and even better with 18's. there is a 3"/3" kit too if you dont want the back dropped 4". you'll want new shocks too, i'd suggest some kyb gas-a-justs for a smooth yet firm ride and kyb monomax's (what im running) for a stiff ride better suited for handeling. also look in to getting a rear swy bar. i have the one made by helwig and it makes a huge improvement in handeling.
Old 02-02-2007, 06:54 AM   #9
Quote:
Originally Posted by twoarezee View Post
get this kit then:

http://www.stylinconcepts.com/parts....rtfamilyid/550

it is what i have right now and will give you a 3"/4" drop. it will look good with your 16's and even better with 18's. there is a 3"/3" kit too if you dont want the back dropped 4". you'll want new shocks too, i'd suggest some kyb gas-a-justs for a smooth yet firm ride and kyb monomax's (what im running) for a stiff ride better suited for handeling. also look in to getting a rear swy bar. i have the one made by helwig and it makes a huge improvement in handeling.
thanks ill check all that out