Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Technical Chat

Notices

I need help! Squeaky noise problem!

Old 03-21-2008, 08:02 PM   #1
CantCme is on a distinguished road
CantCme's Tacoma Gallery
I need help! Squeaky noise problem!

I have a 2001 Tacoma and i notice a squeaky sound every time i accelerate from a coast. Its a high pitched squeaky noise, annoying as hell! My friend told me i could be one of the pulleys. I could only hear it when i start to accelerate slightly from a coast then it goes away. As i shift in the next gear and accelerate slightly it comes on again. Any ideas? Thanks for the help.
Old 03-21-2008, 09:54 PM   #2
Carolina Alliance: Lead, follow, or get the hell outta my way
tacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Will
tacomaman06's Tacoma Gallery
definitely sounds like maybe a pulley,and belt too. if you cant afford the new belt/pulley(gas prices are crazy!!), maybe try some belt dressing for now.....may get rid of the squeal for a while.
Old 03-22-2008, 07:14 AM   #3
Old & Forgetful
Janster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jandy
Janster's Tacoma Gallery
Most likely one of your belts is loose.
Open up the hood and check all your accessory belts. Find an open spot of belt (12" of so between pulley's) and grab the edges and twist. If you're able to twist the belt past perpendicular to its original position, then the belt it too loose.
Old 03-22-2008, 03:23 PM   #4
CantCme is on a distinguished road
CantCme's Tacoma Gallery
The noise is only when i press on the gas while coasting. I cant catch it while parked. I sprayed some wd40 on all the pulleys were the bearings are and it didn't do anything. I got the truck from my dad at 92k and he hadn't changed anything except the oil. its at 105k now. I recently drop a K&N intake, i had notice the same sound before but after the intake the sound got a little louder. I hope its nothing major.
Old 03-22-2008, 10:19 PM   #5
Old & Forgetful
Janster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jandy
Janster's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by CantCme View Post
The noise is only when i press on the gas while coasting. I cant catch it while parked. I sprayed some wd40 on all the pulleys were the bearings are and it didn't do anything. I got the truck from my dad at 92k and he hadn't changed anything except the oil. its at 105k now. I recently drop a K&N intake, i had notice the same sound before but after the intake the sound got a little louder. I hope its nothing major.
Did you check the belts to see if they were loose? (as I mentioned earlier)

If the belts are loose - they'll slip when you step on the gas causing a squeeling noise.