Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Technical Chat

Notices

A-TRAC/TRAC/AUTO LSD Explained (Easy to understand, I hope!)

Old 08-26-2012, 10:48 PM   #1001
rsbmg is one of the sharper tools in the shedrsbmg is one of the sharper tools in the shedrsbmg is one of the sharper tools in the shedrsbmg is one of the sharper tools in the shedrsbmg is one of the sharper tools in the shedrsbmg is one of the sharper tools in the shedrsbmg is one of the sharper tools in the shedrsbmg is one of the sharper tools in the shedrsbmg is one of the sharper tools in the shedrsbmg is one of the sharper tools in the shedrsbmg is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army:
Name: Rob
rsbmg's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by MonkeyProof View Post
So my buddy I just got helping with the front diff install tried to run Clawhammer a few weeks ago but said he couldn't even get to the first real water fall because his atrac wasn't cutting it...he is now regeard and has a front locker and is ready to go back and try to run it again.
He should have just removed his wheels and installed them on a stock Rubi, problem solved! No need to get all greasy sheesh!
Old 08-26-2012, 10:48 PM   #1003
rsbmg is one of the sharper tools in the shedrsbmg is one of the sharper tools in the shedrsbmg is one of the sharper tools in the shedrsbmg is one of the sharper tools in the shedrsbmg is one of the sharper tools in the shedrsbmg is one of the sharper tools in the shedrsbmg is one of the sharper tools in the shedrsbmg is one of the sharper tools in the shedrsbmg is one of the sharper tools in the shedrsbmg is one of the sharper tools in the shedrsbmg is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army:
Name: Rob
rsbmg's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by OZ-T View Post
I recently completed an experiment where I bent space and time , and saw the past , present , and future

This thread was the same each time
Thats good shit right there
Old 08-27-2012, 11:39 AM   #1004
David K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shed

David K's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by whippersnapper02 View Post
Well again the point is to eliminate slippage completely and a locker does that well.

Steering isn't much of an issue and if you have turn tight then you can with the push of a button. I would much rather make it past the obstacle and only push a button when I need to make a tight turn than to have Michael J Fox controlling my tires.

It really is a rerun. The motto of the show is the same. Man gets butthurt because not everyone faps to electronics.
Well, again it is a little reading 101: From the very start I made this thread about how the factory provided traction systems work, and you and others keep wanting to say it isn't as good as a front locker... OK (even I said that is the case in most situations), but a front locker is not sold as a system on the Tacoma. Why is that bit so difficult to comprehend?

There is no greater traction system factory installed on the Tacoma than A-TRAC. The TRAC system in high range is also much better traction than open differentials only (without it).

How it works and how to use all the features, is the topic of this thread.

In all the videos of A-TRAC being used correctly, the A-TRAC vehicles reached the same place as those with lockers, so what if there was some slipping or noise? It still got the Toyota there (and without thousands of dollars extra spent).
Old 08-27-2012, 11:41 AM   #1005
Power Top
MonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: K9 Handler
MonkeyProof's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via MSN to MonkeyProof Send a message via Skype™ to MonkeyProof
Old 08-27-2012, 11:41 AM   #1006
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Christian
whippersnapper02's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to whippersnapper02
Quote:
Originally Posted by David K View Post
Well, again it is a little reading 101: From the very start I made this thread about how the factory provided traction systems work, and you and others keep wanting to say it isn't as good as a front locker... OK (even I said that is the case in most situations), but a front locker is not sold as a system on the Tacoma. Why is that bit so difficult to comprehend?

There is no greater traction system factory installed on the Tacoma than A-TRAC. The TRAC system in high range is also much better traction than open differentials only (without it).

How it works and how to use all the features, is the topic of this thread.

In all the videos of A-TRAC being used correctly, the A-TRAC vehicles reached the same place as those with lockers, so what if there was some slipping or noise? It still got the Toyota there (and without thousands of dollars extra spent).
That's nice.
Old 08-27-2012, 11:58 AM   #1008
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brunes View Post
Why do you bother man??
Bored I guess. You?
Old 08-27-2012, 12:01 PM   #1010
Banned
Quote:
Ehhh...More or less the same.

To boredom!
Old 08-27-2012, 12:02 PM   #1011
Power Top
MonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shed

More or less 53pages of boredom lol..
Old 08-27-2012, 12:04 PM   #1012
Brandon H is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrandon H is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrandon H is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrandon H is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrandon H is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrandon H is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrandon H is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrandon H is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrandon H is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrandon H is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrandon H is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: 2W271,2MUNS, 2BW, 8AF (Enough Said)
Brandon H's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to Brandon H Send a message via Yahoo to Brandon H
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandon H View Post
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fk6AR...e_gdata_player

Scan ahead to 3:07..... So what was the problem there David K? He wasn't flooring it? Maybe he didn't have enough beers. Problem solved.....LOCK THE DIFFS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandon H View Post
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6N4Ii...e_gdata_player

Wow........... Poor A-Trac the vehicle before you had locked front and rear no problem (I know it's a heep)
Still never comment on my Videos David.......... No comments????
Old 08-27-2012, 12:22 PM   #1014
Power Top

Quote:
Originally Posted by EATABULLETcom View Post
the guy in the fj cant drive

Looks like his tires weren't aired down and he wasn't mashing the gas pedal to wake up atrac as dk would say hahahabhahaahhaba
Old 08-27-2012, 12:23 PM   #1015
Brandon H is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrandon H is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrandon H is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrandon H is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrandon H is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrandon H is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrandon H is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrandon H is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrandon H is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrandon H is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrandon H is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: 2W271,2MUNS, 2BW, 8AF (Enough Said)
Brandon H's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to Brandon H Send a message via Yahoo to Brandon H
Quote:
Originally Posted by MonkeyProof View Post

Looks like his tires weren't aired down and he wasn't mashing the gas pedal to wake up atrac as dk would say hahahabhahaahhaba
Not enough beers either!
Old 08-27-2012, 12:47 PM   #1017
Banned
Quote:
Cheers-but I no can have any drinking-Gotta fly in a few hours...
IBC Cream soda works for me.
Old 08-27-2012, 01:31 PM   #1018
Ban Pending
HBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Paul
HBMurphy's Tacoma Gallery
I just saw the most recent post on page 48 and need to say this:

This douche hattery by members of this board is the type of crap that has driven me away. I realize no one here could give a shit about that.

Anyway from my vantage point David K has always done a pretty good job of explaining how ATRAC is and what it's for. He has gone way over the top in an attempt to be helpful. I don't think I've ever seen or him try to be a douche to anyone here - something that I can not say for myself.

Then we we have the douche nozzles (and I say this with a sense of respect to some of the ass hat wearing crowd since I like most of them too). This flaming shit for some sense of self-aggrandizing, pompous, "I have spools and 54s!" status is just plain silly... or worse yet a good deal of douche hattery. And before you tag me with the same. I already own that for myself.

I can add that I do like lockers and since I have it (most of the ass hat crowd now speaking do not - they just, as they would like to say, are Haters.)

Anyway, carry on if you must.
Old 08-27-2012, 01:44 PM   #1019
Ban Pending
HBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Paul
HBMurphy's Tacoma Gallery
One last thing... David. How many ring and pinions have your toasted?
Old 08-27-2012, 01:54 PM   #1020
Power Top