Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Technical Chat

Notices

Overhead compass/temperature fix problem?

Old 01-25-2010, 03:28 PM   #1
The tacoman is on a distinguished road
The tacoman's Tacoma Gallery
Overhead compass/temperature fix problem?

Ok so I am having problems with my overhead compass and temperature guage. I have gone in there and soldered the 2 510 resistors and that fixed it for awhile. It was working great for about a month, but yesterday I was driving and I was noticing that it would come on then fade out aboue every 5 seconds. It did this for about 30 minutes and then just quit working all together. Has anyone else had this problem, or have any suggestions? Should I just go in there and resolder the same resistors or would this be something else?
Old 01-25-2010, 03:51 PM   #2
EnolaGaia is one of the sharper tools in the shedEnolaGaia is one of the sharper tools in the shedEnolaGaia is one of the sharper tools in the shedEnolaGaia is one of the sharper tools in the shedEnolaGaia is one of the sharper tools in the shedEnolaGaia is one of the sharper tools in the shedEnolaGaia is one of the sharper tools in the shedEnolaGaia is one of the sharper tools in the shedEnolaGaia is one of the sharper tools in the shedEnolaGaia is one of the sharper tools in the shedEnolaGaia is one of the sharper tools in the shed
EnolaGaia's Tacoma Gallery
Considering the cost of a full replacement, I'd start by going back in there and re-checking the resistors. I've seen reports of people having to do the resistor solder fix more than once as time goes on ...