1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Wiring Verification

Discussion in 'Technical Chat' started by Manlaan, Feb 3, 2010.

1. Feb 3, 2010 at 11:04 PM
    Manlaan

Manlaan [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Greg
    Riverton, Utah
    Vehicle:
    2002 XtraCab SR5 V6 4x4 Black
    See Signature
    So, I'm planning to add a few accessories, specifically fog lights, driving lights, and seat warmers. I'm really not that great at wiring planning, so thought I'd try to put it all on paper to make sure I did it right. That being said, I'd like someone to go over it for me and tell me if I'm going to blow myself up doing it like this.

I'm planning to add another fuse panel near the engine one. Figure that way it'll give me the most flexibility and I can have that whole panel wired to the ignition and only have to worry about one fuse tap.

For the switches on the fog and driving lights, I bought some dual illuminated (red/orange) DPDT. I tested those to find out that 1 controls the top lamp, 5 controls the bottom lamp, 3 is the common between 2 and 4. Except for the lamps, the left and right side aren't connected. I plan to have one selection toggle the lights based off the headlight signal, and the other selection to be always on. When the top is pushed down, 3 and 4 are connected. When the bottom is pushed, 3 and 2 are connected. Ideally, only the specified lamp will light up in the switch.

Also for the seat warmers, I'm not quite sure the power requirements to run those, so I may end up putting in a relay. Kinda hoping to be able to be lazy though and run the power through the switch. Didn't really get much of an answer from Wet Okole concerning it, except that they wont draw more than 15A and should run from any cig lighter (in other words, they guy doesn't know and doesn't want to look it up). I figure when I get them, I'll just plug it in and see how much they're drawing and go from there.

The main relay is only 50A, so thats the reason the breaker is only 50A as well. I think I'll probably be cutting it pretty close keeping the 3 items under 50A, but I dont expect everything will be running all at once either. Am I setting myself up for failure having it so close?

Any insight would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Wiring.jpg

Products Discussed in

To Top