LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Technical Chat

Notices

Daytime lights

Old 02-06-2007, 10:04 AM   #1
U.S.M.C.
bowzerdoo77 is a glorious beacon of lightbowzerdoo77 is a glorious beacon of lightbowzerdoo77 is a glorious beacon of lightbowzerdoo77 is a glorious beacon of lightbowzerdoo77 is a glorious beacon of light

Marines: HQ BN Truck CO 2nd Marine Division, RS Salt lake city, 6th Marine Regiment, 7th Marine Regiment
bowzerdoo77's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Yahoo to bowzerdoo77 Send a message via Skype™ to bowzerdoo77
Daytime lights

Does anyone know how to disable the daytime running lights on an o4 tacoma and I have to come on base at night and in the morning and I need to turn them off...
Old 02-06-2007, 01:09 PM   #2
Carolina Alliance Costal Div
2003greenbean has much to be proud of2003greenbean has much to be proud of2003greenbean has much to be proud of2003greenbean has much to be proud of2003greenbean has much to be proud of2003greenbean has much to be proud of2003greenbean has much to be proud of2003greenbean has much to be proud of2003greenbean has much to be proud of

2003greenbean's Tacoma Gallery
i have no idea i guess they started that in 04
Old 02-06-2007, 02:14 PM   #3
Born to Ride
TheMaster is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMaster is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMaster is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMaster is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMaster is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMaster is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMaster is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMaster is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMaster is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMaster is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMaster is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Morpheus
TheMaster's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by bowzerdoo77 View Post
Does anyone know how to disable the daytime running lights on an o4 tacoma and I have to come on base at night and in the morning and I need to turn them off...
Try stepping on your parking brake, just enough to activate the parking brake indicator light on the dash. This usually works on most vehicles including my 07. However on the 07, you have to restart the engine for the DRL's to go off if they were already ON. Cheers.
Old 02-06-2007, 06:36 PM   #4
U.S.M.C.
bowzerdoo77 is a glorious beacon of lightbowzerdoo77 is a glorious beacon of lightbowzerdoo77 is a glorious beacon of lightbowzerdoo77 is a glorious beacon of lightbowzerdoo77 is a glorious beacon of light

Marines: HQ BN Truck CO 2nd Marine Division, RS Salt lake city, 6th Marine Regiment, 7th Marine Regiment
Send a message via Yahoo to bowzerdoo77 Send a message via Skype™ to bowzerdoo77
not sure what you mean with the parking brake.. Every time I start the truck I would have to put the park brake on a little then start it.. or is that a 1 time then they are off for good fix? like I dont want them on unless I turn the lights on when it gets dark or when it is raining or snowing you know what I mean..
Old 02-07-2007, 07:02 AM   #5
Born to Ride
TheMaster is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMaster is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMaster is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMaster is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMaster is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMaster is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMaster is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMaster is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMaster is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMaster is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMaster is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Bowzerdoo77,

If you start your engine with your parking brake on, your DRLs will not come on till you release the parking brake. Correct? On most other vehicles, you can turn off the DLRs by activating the parking brake just enough to light up parking brake warning indicator on the dashboard. Same is true on the 07 Taco. However, the 07 Taco has to be re-started if the engine was already running to achieve this. I dont know about the 04s. Note that rear brake shoes do not bind (drum brakes only not recommended for disc brakes) if the parking brake is latched lightly (1st or 2nd slot) so the vehicle can still be safely driven for short distances.

Be informed that DRLs are mandatory under the Highway Traffic Act passed in the early 90s. All vehicles manufactured from 1994 must have DRLs on, while in operation. Hence, you would be in violation of the HTA by disabling them.
Old 02-07-2007, 07:47 AM   #6
I dub thee malicious!
007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mark
007Tacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to 007Tacoma
Quote:
Originally Posted by Themaster View Post
Be informed that DRLs are mandatory under the Highway Traffic Act passed in the early 90s. All vehicles manufactured from 1994 must have DRLs on, while in operation. Hence, you would be in violation of the HTA by disabling them.
I am guessing you are talking about Canada. US does not have this act as my 007 did not come with DRLs. I wish it had, but it didn't.
Old 02-07-2007, 09:18 AM   #7
Born to Ride

Quote:
Originally Posted by 007Tacoma View Post
I am guessing you are talking about Canada. US does not have this act as my 007 did not come with DRLs. I wish it had, but it didn't.
WTF? I didn't know that. I though it applied to the US too since most of our cars are built over there. You learn something everyday.
Old 02-07-2007, 09:30 AM   #8
I dub thee malicious!
007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
WTF? I didn't know that. I though it applied to the US too since most of our cars are built over there. You learn something everyday.
SUCKS TOO! I am looking into the modification that adds the DRLs to my truck. I hear that it is extremely simple to do. I will post the results when I am done (read: when I have time and money - no time soon!).
Old 02-07-2007, 10:02 AM   #9
it's all about me
Ldytaco05 is a splendid one to beholdLdytaco05 is a splendid one to beholdLdytaco05 is a splendid one to beholdLdytaco05 is a splendid one to beholdLdytaco05 is a splendid one to beholdLdytaco05 is a splendid one to beholdLdytaco05 is a splendid one to beholdLdytaco05 is a splendid one to behold

Ldytaco05's Tacoma Gallery
i think toyota nation has a forum about diy mods. hope this info helps
Old 02-07-2007, 10:13 AM   #10
I dub thee malicious!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ldytaco05 View Post
i think toyota nation has a forum about diy mods. hope this info helps
Yep, they do. I will be using that to finish it out once I get the chance.
Old 02-07-2007, 06:45 PM   #11
U.S.M.C.

so you are saying that the only way to turn them off is to drive with the brake light on and bu lightly aplying the parking brake... there is not like a fuse or relay that will enable me to do the same thing?
Old 02-08-2007, 06:46 AM   #12
Born to Ride

Quote:
Originally Posted by bowzerdoo77 View Post
so you are saying that the only way to turn them off is to drive with the brake light on and bu lightly aplying the parking brake... there is not like a fuse or relay that will enable me to do the same thing?
That I don’t know. You could try to install an on/off switch on the wire that powers the DRL. I doubt just one fuse being allocated to the DLR's.
Old 02-08-2007, 06:52 AM   #13
U.S.M.C.

Talking

Ok I tried the parking brake thing and mine dont turnoff so I guess I will have toi try to figgure something out thanks anyway.. I just dont want t the $40 bulbs that I just bought to be on all the time and burn out too fast..
Old 02-08-2007, 06:56 AM   #14
I dub thee malicious!

Quote:
That I dont know. You could try to install an on/off switch on the wire that powers the DLR. I doubt just one fuse being allocated to the DLR's.
You may just want to check this out...

toyotanation.com - DRL added the right way

This shows you how to install them. It might give you a way to disable them as well.

Thanks to pb2themax for showing me this link.

TacomaWorld.com - Parking Lights differ from 005 > 007?
Old 02-08-2007, 07:16 AM   #15
U.S.M.C.

Talking

thanks I will look at mine and see if I can reverse it
Old 03-10-2008, 07:40 PM   #16
808Tacoma is on a distinguished road

808Tacoma's Tacoma Gallery
02 drl dissable

I know on the 02 tacoma's you cut the black with red stripe wire on the module on the rightside of the steering right above the gas pedal... HOPE THIS HELPS!!!!!!!
Old 03-11-2008, 06:03 PM   #18
Devout Atheist
piercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jon
piercedtiger's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to piercedtiger
Quote:
Originally Posted by 007Tacoma View Post
Yep, they do. I will be using that to finish it out once I get the chance.
Are you doing the OEM way?

Or the 2 wire way listed in the cheap/free thread?
Old 03-11-2008, 07:17 PM   #19
808Tacoma is on a distinguished road

808Tacoma's Tacoma Gallery
drl

the oem way!! My friend is a mechanic for toyota and he told me all i have to do is cut that wire so i did it and it work fine for me. the drl doesn't come on anymore and the regular light switch and everything else works just fine....