Notices

Tranny and surge problem

Old 04-01-2008, 07:44 PM   #1
Pepsi
Playz will become famous soon enoughPlayz will become famous soon enough

Playz's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via MSN to Playz Send a message via Yahoo to Playz
Tranny and surge problem

Well first off I see a few people have had the surge problem. The weird thing is my mom's Toyota Camry does the same thing. At a stop with the brake applied the car surges foward. I think I can deal with that cause it doesn't happen often. The problem was after hitting some trail not hard at all mind you when I got onto the road my truck wouldn't shift. At 45mph my truck was stuck in a lower gear though I had it in drive. I slowed to almost a stop and it finally started shifting again. Is it a once in awhile thing or am I looking for trouble down the road? 2008 Tacoma 4x4 TRD Sport Auto 5000miles.
Old 04-01-2008, 08:00 PM   #2
My hair is all natural
lsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Hotdog
lsocoee's Tacoma Gallery
The lack of shifting isn't the common surge problem. It seems that everyone's truck surges...I don't worry about it.

A couple questions...
were you towing anything
was your truck loaded heavily
had you been in four wheel drive
were you going through the mountains
can you get the truck to replicate the problem
Old 04-01-2008, 08:15 PM   #3
Pepsi

Playz's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by lsocoee View Post
The lack of shifting isn't the common surge problem. It seems that everyone's truck surges...I don't worry about it.

A couple questions...
were you towing anything
was your truck loaded heavily
had you been in four wheel drive
were you going through the mountains
can you get the truck to replicate the problem
Not towing anything
Not loaded
I was in 4WD prior to getting on the road
I was going down hill I believe
I can't get it to do it again.
Old 04-01-2008, 08:25 PM   #4
My hair is all natural
lsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shed

lsocoee's Tacoma Gallery
so your truck was in fourth gear when it should have been in fifth? I'm not sure what could cause that.
Old 04-01-2008, 08:32 PM   #5
Pepsi

Playz's Tacoma Gallery
I had it in drive. The motor was high in RPM like 5000. It just seemed like it wouldn't shift into overdrive
Old 03-05-2009, 08:58 PM   #6
Larry1320 is on a distinguished road
Larry1320's Tacoma Gallery
Surge YES! , And its not driver error.

The first two or three times I thought it was driver error.
I removed the aftermarket floor mats. The problem continues and seems to be getting worse.
I park on the 7th floor, when I pulled in to a space verry slow,the truck acclerates I press on the brake HARD, the rear wheels are spinning like a burnout, I put it in neutral tack went to 5 K+ tapped the accelerator then it droped to 700 rmp.

Another time on a Sunday morning ( no traffic ) same thing but I got pushed into the intersection.
Old 03-05-2009, 09:58 PM   #7
My hair is all natural

lsocoee's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry1320 View Post
The first two or three times I thought it was driver error.
I removed the aftermarket floor mats. The problem continues and seems to be getting worse.
I park on the 7th floor, when I pulled in to a space verry slow,the truck acclerates I press on the brake HARD, the rear wheels are spinning like a burnout, I put it in neutral tack went to 5 K+ tapped the accelerator then it droped to 700 rmp.

Another time on a Sunday morning ( no traffic ) same thing but I got pushed into the intersection.
I think you need to bring that in ASAP. Nobody else has that problem as part of their normal routine.