LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Technical Chat

Notices

Clicking noise

Old 04-01-2008, 11:58 PM   #1
gdub is on a distinguished road
gdub's Tacoma Gallery
Clicking noise

If anyone is hearing a clicking noise down around the fuse box or under the dash and can't find it's location (you can stop going nuts) 2 trips to toyota 2 ride alongs 2 overnight stays, dash taken out twice.
There is a tsb on the seat bolts. new bolts no clicking. WOW
Old 04-02-2008, 10:39 AM   #2
Radical Town. It's a hell of a place!
nd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these parts

Name: Nate
nd's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by gdub View Post
If anyone is hearing a clicking noise down around the fuse box or under the dash and can't find it's location (you can stop going nuts) 2 trips to toyota 2 ride alongs 2 overnight stays, dash taken out twice.
There is a tsb on the seat bolts. new bolts no clicking. WOW
I wonder if this is what i'm hearing. mine comes and goes and i can never replicate it when i want to. i hear a weird clicking only when i'm moving and i go over a bump or turn the wheel back adn forth. if i'm sitting still the clicking goes away no matter how much i move the wheel. i can never tell if its coming from teh dash, or the steering column or hte windshield. it almsot sounds like someone lightly clicking a penny or something against the glass. is this what you experienced? do you have a link to the copy of the TSB?
Old 04-02-2008, 09:03 PM   #3
gdub is on a distinguished road
gdub's Tacoma Gallery
No link, Just the service manager said it was a tsb.
Sit in your seat truck off, grab the top of the wheel with both hands push up (hard) hold it and let it down slowly this will push down on the seat and make the clicking noise.
Do this at differant times of the day it seame like it makes a differance with the temp. Toyota Replaced the bolts no more clicking.
(I Thought it was a relay clicking or something in the fuse box)
Old 04-03-2008, 07:08 AM   #4
nd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these parts

nd's Tacoma Gallery
thanks for the info, this sounds like what i've been noticing and it has been driving me out of my freaking mind! thanks dude, i'll check it out!
Old 04-03-2008, 07:57 AM   #5
I dub thee malicious!
007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mark
007Tacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to 007Tacoma
Is this a constant clicking?
Old 04-03-2008, 08:30 AM   #6

nd's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 007Tacoma View Post
Is this a constant clicking?
no, and thats why its so Fing irritating!!! I cant take it to the dealer cause it would happen completely randomly. i may go for a week without hearing it, then it would show up for an hour or two then go away again from anywhere between a day and a couple weeks. sometimes it would just show up for a few minutes then go away. I cant replicate it. and for some reason because of the volume or frequency of the sound its impossible to tell exactly where its coming from. and it will only click when the truck is moving, which makes it harder to locate i haven't been able to have anyone check it out. I'm very sensitive to sounds and this one is killing me!
Old 04-03-2008, 08:33 AM   #7
I dub thee malicious!
007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mark
007Tacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to 007Tacoma
Quote:
Originally Posted by ndcouch View Post
no, and thats why its so Fing irritating!!! I cant take it to the dealer cause it would happen completely randomly. i may go for a week without hearing it, then it would show up for an hour or two then go away again from anywhere between a day and a couple weeks. sometimes it would just show up for a few minutes then go away. I cant replicate it. and for some reason because of the volume or frequency of the sound its impossible to tell exactly where its coming from. and it will only click when the truck is moving, which makes it harder to locate i haven't been able to have anyone check it out. I'm very sensitive to sounds and this one is killing me!
Tell your girlfriend to check it out next time she has her head down here.