Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Technical Chat

Notices

d4d tacoma

Old 02-08-2007, 05:30 PM   #21
I dub thee malicious!
007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mark
007Tacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to 007Tacoma
Quote:
Originally Posted by spp View Post
I read and understood your post and agree that diesels are far from what they used to be but........ The only emissions testing I care about is done with my nose and lungs
While I agree that the MB diesel is much quieter I doubt the Toyota version will try to match that. Afterall it is going in a TRUCK and Toyota probably won't want to pass on the extra cost to consumers.
Hell look at the set packages they offered in my Tacoma
I would have liked a V-6 choice as well as alloy wheels and outside air temp but that only came on a Pre-Runner so........ I settled.
Still happy with Toyota this is my 9th or 10th one but sometimes they just forget about you unless you buy the top of the line model which is probably where the diesel will be available in the US.
Ok, your probably right about... ...ok, 99% of all that. That is a completely reasonable explanation. I could see that the smell would really be a problem if you don't like it. I agree with you that the diesel will probably be in the trucks and nothing else (Toyota is concentrating on hybrid and fuel-cell technology for cars). I am just hoping that the diesels are available in the low end models as well (I would actually use it ).
Old 02-08-2007, 05:36 PM   #22
spp is a splendid one to beholdspp is a splendid one to beholdspp is a splendid one to beholdspp is a splendid one to beholdspp is a splendid one to beholdspp is a splendid one to beholdspp is a splendid one to beholdspp is a splendid one to behold
spp's Tacoma Gallery
If you do get one please don't come to Orange County, California and drive in front of me while I'm riding my bike the 200+ miles I cover here weekly and especially up hill?
Old 02-08-2007, 06:14 PM   #23
I dub thee malicious!
007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
If you do get one please don't come to Orange County, California and drive in front of me while I'm riding my bike the 200+ miles I cover here weekly and especially up hill?
Hey, I used to bike in Colorado. I share the road. Besides, I have never been to California. If I did come to Orange County, I would want to ride your route. Then you could leave me in your smoke trail...
Old 04-30-2007, 07:00 PM   #24
surfponto is on a distinguished road
surfponto's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

Not sure how I missed this thread but....

One of my good friends drives a 1986 HJ60 Toyota LandCruiser here in San Diego. (long story on that)
Anyway he has been running B100 Bio_Diesel and his LC does not smell bad at all.
In fact it smells slightly of french fries which cracks me up.

He is actually getting Bio-Diesel cheaper than regular unleaded, so the argument of all diesel fuel being more expensive and smellier is pretty much mute.
Old 05-01-2007, 04:30 AM   #25
I dub thee malicious!

Quote:
Originally Posted by surfponto View Post
Not sure how I missed this thread but....

One of my good friends drives a 1986 HJ60 Toyota LandCruiser here in San Diego. (long story on that)
Anyway he has been running B100 Bio_Diesel and his LC does not smell bad at all.
In fact it smells slightly of french fries which cracks me up.

He is actually getting Bio-Diesel cheaper than regular unleaded, so the argument of all diesel fuel being more expensive and smellier is pretty much mute.
Yeah, I know of stations in Austin and Houston that sell B99 (99% BioDiesel) for about 5-10 cents less than Unleaded Gasoline. Add that to the fact that the B99 gets you about 35-40% more energy/mass and you have a very cheap engine to run with much more power...

Too bad there isn't any talk of a D4D Tacoma coming to the US anytime soon...
Old 05-01-2007, 05:24 AM   #26
surfponto is on a distinguished road
surfponto's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 007Tacoma View Post

Too bad there isn't any talk of a D4D Tacoma coming to the US anytime soon...
I agree. His mileage with the big 6 cylinder diesel is 22-24 mpg . That is great considering a gas FJ60 gets around 12.

Still I would settle for a 4 cylinder turbo-diesel that got closer to 30 but had less torque.
Old 05-01-2007, 05:41 AM   #27
I dub thee malicious!

Quote:
Originally Posted by surfponto View Post
I agree. His mileage with the big 6 cylinder diesel is 22-24 mpg . That is great considering a gas FJ60 gets around 12.

Still I would settle for a 4 cylinder turbo-diesel that got closer to 30 but had less torque.
Me too!!! Especially if I could run it off of domestic bio-diesel!
Old 07-05-2007, 12:51 PM   #28
1ToughTaco is on a distinguished road

1ToughTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Great info there 007Tacoma! Thanks.