Notices

Step bars for access cab vs double cab

Old 02-10-2010, 03:28 AM   #1
Ronald Morrow is on a distinguished road
Navy: Electrician, Vietnam Advisor
Name: Ron
Ronald Morrow's Tacoma Gallery
Step bars for access cab vs double cab

I probably posted my question earlier in the wrong place. What I am interested in knowing is:
Is the frame details for the '03 Tacoma access cab be the same as the double cab? I am interested in installing double cab step bar onto an access cab so that I can use it to reach into the bed from the side. The wheel base is the same , but don't know if mounting kit for one would fit the other, all things being equal.
Thanks for any input.
Old 02-10-2010, 05:48 AM   #2
Old & Forgetful
Janster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jandy
Janster's Tacoma Gallery
I can't comment for the 1st gens....but I installed DC OEM running boards on my access cab on my 2007.

You really need to decide which running boards you want and find out how they mount. On the 2nd gens - most of them (including aftermarket) mount to the inside of the rocker panels (not the frame).

Or, look at getting some rock sliders. I had a set of double-square-tube rocker sliders on my 96 tacoma. These mounted to the frame and I used them as a step (as well as a jacking point).
http://www.demello-offroad.com/catal...products_id=46