1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Ultimate in Oil Filtration?

Discussion in 'Technical Chat' started by def4pos8, Feb 11, 2010.

1. Feb 11, 2010 at 6:58 PM
    def4pos8

def4pos8 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Ohio
    Vehicle:
    White Tacoma AC 2.7L/5spd SR5
    undercoat, running boards
    As Sweater914 suggested, there is a problem with oil filtration when considering extended drain intervals in the 2.7L I4 of late-model Tacomas. As an update to the referenced service bulletin, AMSOIL currently doesn't list ANY filters as suitable for the 2.7L I4. :eek: This is their way of saying that even high-quality filters like their EaO57 and almost identical Mobil 1 filter MUST BE CHANGED AT THE NORMAL SERVICE INTERVAL -- 5,000 miles. The FILTER must be changed. If using an AMSOIL product, the crankcase only needs to be drained at the interval specified for the particular oil used.

Well, I'm so old that I can only tolerate crawling under my truck once each year any more. I intend to install this dual, remote filter kit on my Tacoma whenever ~60 degF weather returns to southwestern Ohio. --April? :frusty:

It is an AMSOIL BMK23 kit with the BK295 adaptor fitting. Various filters can attach to the distribution block. I selected the EaO-15 full-flow and EaBP-90 bypass (smallest available bypass) filters. The EaO-15 is dimensionally similar to the Motorcraft FL-1A that many of you my be familiar with. Together, these filters will supply my engine with analytically clean oil on a constant basis. The EaO-57, dimensionally identical to the OEM filter, is shown for comparison.

Some additional hardware is desired/required in addition to this kit. I'll need to grab four, ~2.5-inch AN :plane: bolts out of my bench stock to deal with the boxed frame. The primary bracket mounting bolts supplied are only intended to work with a "C" section frame. Also, I will purchase a drain petcock for installation in the end of the distribution block to ease oil sampling chores. Since the additional oil volume in the lines, distribution block and new filters will bring system capacity to approximately 9 quarts, I intend to extend the drain interval beyond one year with oil analysis.

When I do manage to install this thing, I'll do another thread showing the install and final "look" of the mod.

DSCN0922.jpg
    DSCN0924.jpg
    DSCN0925.jpg

Products Discussed in

To Top