Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Technical Chat

Notices

Tranny mistake

Old 04-05-2008, 03:30 PM   #1
showmeballer has much to be proud ofshowmeballer has much to be proud ofshowmeballer has much to be proud ofshowmeballer has much to be proud ofshowmeballer has much to be proud ofshowmeballer has much to be proud ofshowmeballer has much to be proud ofshowmeballer has much to be proud ofshowmeballer has much to be proud of

showmeballer's Tacoma Gallery
Tranny mistake

I went to change the oil, something I've done at least 20 times, but this was the first time I have been under a car in about 4 years due to being out of the country and what not and my first time with my new baby taco. I accidentally unplugged the tranny plug instead of the oil pan due to being in a hurry and being careless and immediately realized what I had done since the oil was nice and red. I only let about 300ml out, and would like to hear opinions if I should go ahead and take it somewhere and have it topped off or is it ok being a little low. I have the 5 speed auto with the 4L. The book says it holds up to 3.2 Q and I didn't let too much out, but I would like to see if anyone has something useful to tell me and not tell me how dumb I am for doing that, because I already know that. Any help is appreciated.
Old 04-05-2008, 03:35 PM   #2
Carolina Alliance Costal Div
2003greenbean has much to be proud of2003greenbean has much to be proud of2003greenbean has much to be proud of2003greenbean has much to be proud of2003greenbean has much to be proud of2003greenbean has much to be proud of2003greenbean has much to be proud of2003greenbean has much to be proud of2003greenbean has much to be proud of

2003greenbean's Tacoma Gallery
i dont know if it being low will hurt but it wont hurt to get it toped off
Old 04-05-2008, 03:40 PM   #3
Carolina Alliance: Lead, follow, or get the hell outta my way
tacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Will
tacomaman06's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by showmeballer View Post
I went to change the oil, something I've done at least 20 times, but this was the first time I have been under a car in about 4 years due to being out of the country and what not and my first time with my new baby taco. I accidentally unplugged the tranny plug instead of the oil pan due to being in a hurry and being careless and immediately realized what I had done since the oil was nice and red. I only let about 300ml out, and would like to hear opinions if I should go ahead and take it somewhere and have it topped off or is it ok being a little low. I have the 5 speed auto with the 4L. The book says it holds up to 3.2 Q and I didn't let too much out, but I would like to see if anyone has something useful to tell me and not tell me how dumb I am for doing that, because I already know that. Any help is appreciated.
i think , personally, id take it to the dealer and let them top it off..........because it has to be a certain temperature and all to be checked anyway.
Old 04-05-2008, 03:58 PM   #4
showmeballer has much to be proud ofshowmeballer has much to be proud ofshowmeballer has much to be proud ofshowmeballer has much to be proud ofshowmeballer has much to be proud ofshowmeballer has much to be proud ofshowmeballer has much to be proud ofshowmeballer has much to be proud ofshowmeballer has much to be proud of

showmeballer's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks

Guess I'll have to bite the bullet and take it in to the dealer. Thanks for the advice