1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

grinding noise at speed and turning right

Discussion in 'Technical Chat' started by foxracinfor20, Feb 14, 2010.

1. Feb 14, 2010 at 7:18 PM
    foxracinfor20

foxracinfor20 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    doug
    easton md
    Vehicle:
    05 prerunner lifted
    sway away 2.5 coilovers sway away race runner rear shocks pioneer avic d3 2 7 in monitors in headrest dvd memphis 10" sub memphis amp trd intake urd catback with magnaflow procomp wheels 33/12.50/17 angel eye projector halo headlights altezza tailights with led bulbs big blue balls hanging total chaos ucas cover king neoprene seat covers 7 led projector foglight
    today when i was take my daughter friend home i had a grinding coming from the driver side front. i pulled over and looked at it it honestly sound like the tire was rubbing the fender well no is not it does not make the sound from 0-25 but after that you hear grinding and when you slow down its sounds like pieces of metal are being thrown around it also make the same sound when you turn right any ideas what it is

2. Feb 14, 2010 at 7:21 PM
    vicstacoma

vicstacoma Guest

it could possibly be a bad cv axle.

3. Feb 14, 2010 at 7:22 PM
    foxracinfor20

Member:
    First Name:
    doug
    easton md
    Vehicle:
    05 prerunner lifted
    sway away 2.5 coilovers sway away race runner rear shocks pioneer avic d3 2 7 in monitors in headrest dvd memphis 10" sub memphis amp trd intake urd catback with magnaflow procomp wheels 33/12.50/17 angel eye projector halo headlights altezza tailights with led bulbs big blue balls hanging total chaos ucas cover king neoprene seat covers 7 led projector foglight
    lifted and had no problem for the last yr runnning the same thing

4. Feb 14, 2010 at 7:23 PM
    foxracinfor20

Member:
    First Name:
    doug
    easton md
    Vehicle:
    05 prerunner lifted
    thats what i am thinking but dont they usually start clicking when they are going bad

5. Feb 14, 2010 at 7:28 PM
    vicstacoma

vicstacoma Guest

yeah they usually start clicking... a quick check would be to go to your truck and turn the wheel all the way to the right and just turn in circles and see if you continously hear a clicking noise on the drivers side.

6. Feb 15, 2010 at 5:19 PM
    foxracinfor20

Member:
    First Name:
    doug
    easton md
    Vehicle:
    05 prerunner lifted
    Well went out to the truck today when i was not pissed something was fucked up and was ready to take it some where to figure it out when i looked at the wheel well one more time saw there was a hole worn through the plastic inner wheel well apparently fastener had fallen out of the front of it and was being blown back at speed and when i turned the wheel so it was nothing major

7. Feb 15, 2010 at 8:01 PM
    vicstacoma

vicstacoma Guest

oh nice!!! Good thing you got it all figured out.

Products Discussed in

To Top