1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

A/c Question

Discussion in 'Technical Chat' started by 06tacomaprerunner, Apr 8, 2008.

1. Apr 8, 2008 at 4:16 PM
    06tacomaprerunner

06tacomaprerunner [OP] the foreigner

Member:
    B. C. Mex.
    Vehicle:
    06 PreRunner SR5 dbl cab shortbed, r
    BILSTEIN 5100, 1/4 inch wheel spacers,removed front mud flaps, 285/70/17 bfg mud terrain km2 and a lot of scratches in front and rear bumpers
    Hey people, i was wondering if you can help me out with this.

I've been searching in the forum but i did not found anything, ok long history short, where i live we have like 8 months of extreme heat, i'm talking like 105' F average, and one of the month we have between 120 to 125, so the A/C is always working at max, so my question is, do i need to do an A/C service or this new cars does not need it, 'cause in the manual i did not find anything either, and last thing we have a very dusty roads.

thanks for your help.

2. Apr 8, 2008 at 4:29 PM
    tacomaman06

tacomaman06 Carolina Alliance: Enforcer

Member:
    First Name:
    Will
    York,South Carolina
    Vehicle:
    '16 Tundra TRD Pro
    getting there....
    i would do the ac service just to stay on the safe side. cant hurt anything.

3. Apr 8, 2008 at 9:01 PM
    06tacomaprerunner

06tacomaprerunner [OP] the foreigner

Member:
    B. C. Mex.
    Vehicle:
    06 PreRunner SR5 dbl cab shortbed, r
    BILSTEIN 5100, 1/4 inch wheel spacers,removed front mud flaps, 285/70/17 bfg mud terrain km2 and a lot of scratches in front and rear bumpers
    thanks man, and what do you think? with the dealer or someplace cheaper like my local shops here in mexico. (i'm out of warranty)

4. Apr 9, 2008 at 3:40 PM
    tacomaman06

tacomaman06 Carolina Alliance: Enforcer

Member:
    First Name:
    Will
    York,South Carolina
    Vehicle:
    '16 Tundra TRD Pro
    getting there....
    see what a local shop will charge you, and see what the dealer wants for the service. i think it would be ok to go to one of the local shops if its cheaper.......most places do decent jos on ac service, since its not too hard to do. let us know what you decide to do.

5. Apr 9, 2008 at 4:02 PM
    CtryBoyInMT

CtryBoyInMT Lifetime Member

Member:
    United States of America
    Vehicle:
    2008 4WD V6 Access Manual TRD Off-Road
    Tinted windows, Rear locker anytime, Secondary filter delete, Parking light activated Fog lights, USA▪Spec Ipod adapter, Map light mod, Relocated 7-Blade, Warn Trans4mer Brushguard & winch, Tire chains, Homelink© installed in headliner, LED lighted 4x4 Switch, Defrost w/o A/C, Heated mirrors, Bilstein 5100's (1.75") & Rear TSB, 50w Reverse lights, Pratt & Whitney PT6A-68, Will this list ever end???
    Just about all the states (At least that I know of/worked in) have mandatory certification classes in order to use A/C service equipment. Something about not sniffing R12 I think?:sick:
    So your chances of having just a local shop screw it up is greatly reduced.
    Like Tacomaman said, get quotes and go with the best price for service. Not necessarily cheapest, some reputable shops go above and beyond with condenser cleaning, duct cleaning and even rental cars. The only downfall will be with the local shops not letting the system fully pressurize while checking for leaks. There is no specified time, but I used to wait until the compressor cycled. And when your running a vehicle with the A/C in the middle of the summer, it could be quite a few minutes.

6. Apr 9, 2008 at 5:08 PM
    concrete jedi

concrete jedi Well-Known Member

Member:
    Rochester N.Y
    Vehicle:
    06 Tacoma 4 door indigo blue
    Broken and scratched tailgate, cracked rear tail light lens, coffee stain in driver seat.
    I agree with what they said :thumbsup:

Products Discussed in

To Top