Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Technical Chat

Notices

A/c Question

Old 04-08-2008, 04:16 PM   #1
the foreigner
06tacomaprerunner is a splendid one to behold06tacomaprerunner is a splendid one to behold06tacomaprerunner is a splendid one to behold06tacomaprerunner is a splendid one to behold06tacomaprerunner is a splendid one to behold06tacomaprerunner is a splendid one to behold06tacomaprerunner is a splendid one to behold

06tacomaprerunner's Tacoma Gallery
A/c Question

Hey people, i was wondering if you can help me out with this.

I've been searching in the forum but i did not found anything, ok long history short, where i live we have like 8 months of extreme heat, i'm talking like 105' F average, and one of the month we have between 120 to 125, so the A/C is always working at max, so my question is, do i need to do an A/C service or this new cars does not need it, 'cause in the manual i did not find anything either, and last thing we have a very dusty roads.

thanks for your help.
Old 04-08-2008, 04:29 PM   #2
Carolina Alliance: Lead, follow, or get the hell outta my way
tacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Will
tacomaman06's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 06tacomaprerunner View Post
Hey people, i was wondering if you can help me out with this.

I've been searching in the forum but i did not found anything, ok long history short, where i live we have like 8 months of extreme heat, i'm talking like 105' F average, and one of the month we have between 120 to 125, so the A/C is always working at max, so my question is, do i need to do an A/C service or this new cars does not need it, 'cause in the manual i did not find anything either, and last thing we have a very dusty roads.

thanks for your help.
i would do the ac service just to stay on the safe side. cant hurt anything.
Old 04-08-2008, 09:01 PM   #3
the foreigner
06tacomaprerunner is a splendid one to behold06tacomaprerunner is a splendid one to behold06tacomaprerunner is a splendid one to behold06tacomaprerunner is a splendid one to behold06tacomaprerunner is a splendid one to behold06tacomaprerunner is a splendid one to behold06tacomaprerunner is a splendid one to behold

06tacomaprerunner's Tacoma Gallery
thanks man, and what do you think? with the dealer or someplace cheaper like my local shops here in mexico. (i'm out of warranty)
Old 04-09-2008, 03:40 PM   #4
Carolina Alliance: Lead, follow, or get the hell outta my way
tacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Will
tacomaman06's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 06tacomaprerunner View Post
thanks man, and what do you think? with the dealer or someplace cheaper like my local shops here in mexico. (i'm out of warranty)
see what a local shop will charge you, and see what the dealer wants for the service. i think it would be ok to go to one of the local shops if its cheaper.......most places do decent jos on ac service, since its not too hard to do. let us know what you decide to do.
Old 04-09-2008, 04:02 PM   #5
Lifetime Member
CtryBoyInMT is one of the sharper tools in the shedCtryBoyInMT is one of the sharper tools in the shedCtryBoyInMT is one of the sharper tools in the shedCtryBoyInMT is one of the sharper tools in the shedCtryBoyInMT is one of the sharper tools in the shedCtryBoyInMT is one of the sharper tools in the shedCtryBoyInMT is one of the sharper tools in the shedCtryBoyInMT is one of the sharper tools in the shedCtryBoyInMT is one of the sharper tools in the shedCtryBoyInMT is one of the sharper tools in the shedCtryBoyInMT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

CtryBoyInMT's Tacoma Gallery
Just about all the states (At least that I know of/worked in) have mandatory certification classes in order to use A/C service equipment. Something about not sniffing R12 I think?
So your chances of having just a local shop screw it up is greatly reduced.
Like Tacomaman said, get quotes and go with the best price for service. Not necessarily cheapest, some reputable shops go above and beyond with condenser cleaning, duct cleaning and even rental cars. The only downfall will be with the local shops not letting the system fully pressurize while checking for leaks. There is no specified time, but I used to wait until the compressor cycled. And when your running a vehicle with the A/C in the middle of the summer, it could be quite a few minutes.
Old 04-09-2008, 05:08 PM   #6
concrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Shit deflector
concrete jedi's Tacoma Gallery
I agree with what they said