Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Technical Chat

Notices

keyless chirping

Old 04-10-2008, 09:12 AM   #1
U.S.M.C.
bowzerdoo77 is a glorious beacon of lightbowzerdoo77 is a glorious beacon of lightbowzerdoo77 is a glorious beacon of lightbowzerdoo77 is a glorious beacon of lightbowzerdoo77 is a glorious beacon of light

Marines: HQ BN Truck CO 2nd Marine Division, RS Salt lake city, 6th Marine Regiment, 7th Marine Regiment
bowzerdoo77's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Yahoo to bowzerdoo77 Send a message via Skype™ to bowzerdoo77
keyless chirping

does anyone know how to turn off that stupid beep beep when you unlock or lock your doors on an 04 tacoma
Old 04-10-2008, 10:06 AM   #2
1/2 man 1/2 amazing
sooner07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsooner07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsooner07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsooner07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsooner07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsooner07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsooner07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsooner07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsooner07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsooner07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsooner07 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: A A Ron
sooner07's Tacoma Gallery
Alternately, does anyone know how to turn it on for an 08?
Old 04-10-2008, 10:10 AM   #3
Northern Alliance: Airlift Div
Coreyjon has much to be proud ofCoreyjon has much to be proud ofCoreyjon has much to be proud ofCoreyjon has much to be proud ofCoreyjon has much to be proud ofCoreyjon has much to be proud ofCoreyjon has much to be proud ofCoreyjon has much to be proud of

Air Force: Flight Engineer
Coreyjon's Tacoma Gallery
+1 for turning it on. lol, TO turn it off.....cut the red wire....no no...the blue wire.....oh damn! I never get this right!
Old 04-10-2008, 10:11 AM   #4
Tacoma World Ring Leader
klown is one of the sharper tools in the shedklown is one of the sharper tools in the shedklown is one of the sharper tools in the shedklown is one of the sharper tools in the shedklown is one of the sharper tools in the shedklown is one of the sharper tools in the shedklown is one of the sharper tools in the shedklown is one of the sharper tools in the shedklown is one of the sharper tools in the shedklown is one of the sharper tools in the shedklown is one of the sharper tools in the shed

klown's Tacoma Gallery
Yeah anybody know how to turn it on? I like that sound.
Old 04-11-2008, 08:14 AM   #5
Devout Atheist
piercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jon
piercedtiger's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to piercedtiger
I've only heard of 2 ways for getting the lock/unlock chirp on 05+ tacomas. One is an aftermarket alarm, the other is wire up your own chirper. In the Cheap/free thread there's a link to a guy that sells a $30 (IIRC) box with 3 wires that you just splice and mount the box. Details are in that thread.
Old 09-07-2009, 07:17 PM   #6
machman is on a distinguished road

Navy: MR2
machman's Tacoma Gallery
I too would really like to dissable the chirping. I can handle the single chirp for locking the doors, but to unlock all the doors, you have to endure two double chirps so I find myself unlock with the key many times.

I have looked around under the hood to try to find where the sound is coming from and it appears to be coming from under the air box, but I have not found the little bastard yet.
Old 09-09-2009, 04:28 PM   #7
Time to get dirty!
monoman is a splendid one to beholdmonoman is a splendid one to beholdmonoman is a splendid one to beholdmonoman is a splendid one to beholdmonoman is a splendid one to beholdmonoman is a splendid one to beholdmonoman is a splendid one to behold

Name: Dave
monoman's Tacoma Gallery
Just remove the piezo alarm. It's located right by the battery. It's about 1.5 inches around and it should be red & or black. All you have to do is unhook it and your done....
Old 09-09-2009, 04:30 PM   #8
Canadian in the South
CraigTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedCraigTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedCraigTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedCraigTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedCraigTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedCraigTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedCraigTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedCraigTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedCraigTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedCraigTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedCraigTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Craig
CraigTRD's Tacoma Gallery
My '06 doesn't do it....it never did since new. I like it that way too.
Old 09-10-2009, 07:14 AM   #9
machman is on a distinguished road

Navy: MR2
machman's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by monoman View Post
Just remove the piezo alarm. It's located right by the battery. It's about 1.5 inches around and it should be red & or black. All you have to do is unhook it and your done....
Found it, did it. Problem solved. Thanks. And, I can easily go back if I want to.
Old 09-10-2009, 07:18 AM   #10
gupster88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgupster88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgupster88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgupster88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgupster88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgupster88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgupster88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgupster88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgupster88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgupster88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgupster88 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brett
gupster88's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by piercedtiger View Post
I've only heard of 2 ways for getting the lock/unlock chirp on 05+ tacomas. One is an aftermarket alarm, the other is wire up your own chirper. In the Cheap/free thread there's a link to a guy that sells a $30 (IIRC) box with 3 wires that you just splice and mount the box. Details are in that thread.
x2 for the 2005+ models. those are the only 2 ways to do it. as for the 1st gens,
Old 09-10-2009, 03:37 PM   #11
Time to get dirty!
monoman is a splendid one to beholdmonoman is a splendid one to beholdmonoman is a splendid one to beholdmonoman is a splendid one to beholdmonoman is a splendid one to beholdmonoman is a splendid one to beholdmonoman is a splendid one to behold

Name: Dave
monoman's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by machman View Post
Found it, did it. Problem solved. Thanks. And, I can easily go back if I want to.
No problem. I was going to remove mine, but hearing that "chirp" lets me know for sure if it locks/unlocks when I hit the button, so I covered the hole with electrical tape & it's not so loud now....