Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Technical Chat

Notices

Tranny not shofting right?

Old 04-11-2008, 01:34 PM   #1
Pre08 will become famous soon enough
Pre08's Tacoma Gallery
Tranny not shofting right?

Well, I picked up some wall trim for the house and being that they were long i slid them thru the rear window and held them with my hands.

As i was braking from roughly 60 the trim slid into the shifter knocking into reverse! Nothing happened, thank God, but now the truck doesn't shift right. Kinda feels like it won't go into overdrive and is being held back??
Old 04-11-2008, 01:38 PM   #2
Tacoma World Ring Leader
klown is one of the sharper tools in the shedklown is one of the sharper tools in the shedklown is one of the sharper tools in the shedklown is one of the sharper tools in the shedklown is one of the sharper tools in the shedklown is one of the sharper tools in the shedklown is one of the sharper tools in the shedklown is one of the sharper tools in the shedklown is one of the sharper tools in the shedklown is one of the sharper tools in the shedklown is one of the sharper tools in the shed

klown's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pre08 View Post
Well, I picked up some wall trim for the house and being that they were long i slid them thru the rear window and held them with my hands.

As i was braking from roughly 60 the trim slid into the shifter knocking into reverse! Nothing happened, thank God, but now the truck doesn't shift right. Kinda feels like it won't go into overdrive and is being held back??
It might just be the fact that it's an auto, those things don't shift when you want them too anyways. You haven't accidently pressed the O/D button have you? If that turns out to be the problem, make sure you come back to this post and gimme some rep.

--klown
Old 04-11-2008, 02:03 PM   #3
Carolina Alliance: Lead, follow, or get the hell outta my way
tacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Will
tacomaman06's Tacoma Gallery
try unhooking your battery for a bit and see if it resets the transmission computer.
Old 04-11-2008, 02:08 PM   #4
Pre08's Tacoma Gallery
Well, I heard that i may have messed up the clutch pacs/bands. Overdrive and reverse share the same pacs...
Old 04-14-2008, 08:30 AM   #5
Pre08's Tacoma Gallery
Seems everythings ok. took it into the delear. They did say the computer needs time to adjust to my driving style. I will reset it when i pick it up today.