Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Technical Chat

Notices

2010 std cab noises

Old 02-28-2010, 06:35 AM   #1
Toyo_Jet is on a distinguished road

Name: Shane
Toyo_Jet's Tacoma Gallery
2010 std cab noises

I have a 2010 std cab 4cyl 4WD with about 4500 miles on it. I have two noises that I think I'm gonna visit the dealer on.

The first is a low frequency rumble at 60-65 MPH. Any slower or any faster you can't hear it. Its pretty loud in the cab. I sounds like its coming from the right front, but its hard to tell since it resonates the entire cab. I swapped the RF tire with the RR tire, no diff. Dunlop tires. The highway I take to work has a 60 MPH speed limit, nice.

The 2nd noise is a clanking from the rear axle when you drive over bumps with both rear wheels. This isn't a plastic bed noise. More like a backlash clank or rear leafspring clack.

Anybody else had these noises and what was the fix. I'm trying to get ready for the "we couldn't reproduce" or "that is normal" response from the dealer.
Old 10-08-2011, 09:50 AM   #2
mikehcherry is on a distinguished road
Name: mike
mikehcherry's Tacoma Gallery
did u figure out the problem

mine does the same thing
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyo_Jet View Post
I have a 2010 std cab 4cyl 4WD with about 4500 miles on it. I have two noises that I think I'm gonna visit the dealer on.

The first is a low frequency rumble at 60-65 MPH. Any slower or any faster you can't hear it. Its pretty loud in the cab. I sounds like its coming from the right front, but its hard to tell since it resonates the entire cab. I swapped the RF tire with the RR tire, no diff. Dunlop tires. The highway I take to work has a 60 MPH speed limit, nice.

The 2nd noise is a clanking from the rear axle when you drive over bumps with both rear wheels. This isn't a plastic bed noise. More like a backlash clank or rear leafspring clack.

Anybody else had these noises and what was the fix. I'm trying to get ready for the "we couldn't reproduce" or "that is normal" response from the dealer.