Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Technical Chat

Notices

anyone know how to stop this

Old 04-15-2008, 11:26 AM   #1
awoit will become famous soon enough

awoit's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to awoit
anyone know how to stop this

i hate the sensor thing that beeps when you dont have your seatbelt on, how do i disable this on my 08 TRD?
Old 04-15-2008, 11:32 AM   #2
✈ ✈ ✈ ✈ ✈ ✈ ✈
neontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shed
neontrail's Tacoma Gallery
OMG!! I HATE that thing too!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thank you so much for asking about this!! +1 rep for you!!
Old 04-15-2008, 11:32 AM   #3
Living vicariously through mjp2
eordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ed
eordonez's Tacoma Gallery
Put your seat belt on..... its for your safety man
Old 04-15-2008, 11:36 AM   #4
✈ ✈ ✈ ✈ ✈ ✈ ✈
neontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shed
neontrail's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by eordonez View Post
True, BUT....It should be our CHOICE to wear it or not. That dang beep could drive me to drive off a cliff!
Old 04-15-2008, 11:43 AM   #5
missileman125fw is one of the sharper tools in the shedmissileman125fw is one of the sharper tools in the shedmissileman125fw is one of the sharper tools in the shedmissileman125fw is one of the sharper tools in the shedmissileman125fw is one of the sharper tools in the shedmissileman125fw is one of the sharper tools in the shedmissileman125fw is one of the sharper tools in the shedmissileman125fw is one of the sharper tools in the shedmissileman125fw is one of the sharper tools in the shedmissileman125fw is one of the sharper tools in the shedmissileman125fw is one of the sharper tools in the shed
missileman125fw's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
+1, It Is The LAW! A least in most states.
Old 04-15-2008, 11:54 AM   #7
Blinking Car Mod...
RedruM29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedruM29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedruM29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedruM29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedruM29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedruM29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedruM29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedruM29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedruM29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedruM29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedruM29 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kyle
RedruM29's Tacoma Gallery
no -1 rep for you because it is in the cheap mods section... its called the search button
Old 04-15-2008, 11:54 AM   #8
Blinking Car Mod...
RedruM29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedruM29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedruM29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedruM29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedruM29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedruM29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedruM29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedruM29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedruM29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedruM29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedruM29 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kyle
RedruM29's Tacoma Gallery
i'm just kidding about the rep btw
Old 04-15-2008, 11:59 AM   #9
Living vicariously through mjp2
eordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ed
eordonez's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by phofener View Post
Is this what you're looking for (see post #47)?
http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/tec...ee-mods-3.html
Guess that works too... at your own risk hehe
Old 04-15-2008, 01:44 PM   #10
Munkey is an unknown quantity at this point
Munkey's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by neontrail View Post
True, BUT....It should be our CHOICE to wear it or not. That dang beep could drive me to drive off a cliff!
I'd never drive off a cliff without my seatbelt on, that's just crazy.
Old 04-16-2008, 02:02 PM   #11
Khaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Bryant
Khaos's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Amen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by neontrail View Post
Its against the law to not where a safety belt. Also, it will save your life.

Quote:
Originally Posted by missileman125fw View Post
+1, It Is The LAW! A least in most states.
Thankfully
Old 04-16-2008, 06:51 PM   #12
awoit will become famous soon enough

awoit's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to awoit
it may be against the law, but u cant argue that its dangerous or in any way wrong to not where a seatbelt when backing in a boat into a tight driveway going 2 miles an hour in reverse, opening the door to see if you can make it or not
Old 04-17-2008, 03:47 PM   #13
orangebutte will become famous soon enough
orangebutte's Tacoma Gallery
I disabled my seatbelt chime using the D.I.Y. thread. It chimes 5 times then stops.
Old 04-20-2008, 08:06 PM   #14
08beachtoy is on a distinguished road

08beachtoy's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to 08beachtoy
chime

Phofener is right this does work I have done it to my truck I am in and out of my truck alot just follow the directions exactly . They also have directions for the passenger side just google toyota seat belt chime and click the link for the post at toyota nation its more in depth explaining how to do both sides and It does work like a charm
Old 04-21-2008, 08:31 AM   #16
Living vicariously through myself
mjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Milton Juevos Portimous II
mjp2's Tacoma Gallery
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Da Hui View Post
Amen.

Its against the law to not where a safety belt. Also, it will save your life.

Thankfully
Just because the computer thinks I'm not strapped in does not necessarily mean that I'm being unsafe. The original poster may have reasons for this mod other than "I don't want to wear my seatbelt."

Honestly, it's not something to judge someone about anyway. I grew up without laws dictating every action I take and I find it a little disturbing how much has changed in the past 20 years. Pain = learning danger aversion. I recently saw baby helmets for sale, intended for use while they're walking around the house. Think of the laws those kids are gonna need to protect themselves!

Whoa! I'm gonna cut myself off before I start really ranting!
Old 04-23-2008, 05:34 AM   #18
80 atoyot is a splendid one to behold80 atoyot is a splendid one to behold80 atoyot is a splendid one to behold80 atoyot is a splendid one to behold80 atoyot is a splendid one to behold80 atoyot is a splendid one to behold80 atoyot is a splendid one to behold80 atoyot is a splendid one to behold

80 atoyot's Tacoma Gallery
You can choose whether to wear your belt or not. But you can't choose to have the STOOPID chime going !! whats up with that.

Seat belt laws are laws, not chimes.

I did the DIY as shown it worked great and you can reverse it if you want.

1) Turn the Car 'ON', but do not start the engine (Leave your foot off the brake). Cycle your trip reset knob until it reads ODO. Turn the ignition back off. Wait a couple of seconds.
2) Make sure seat belt is not fastened
3) Turn the ignition back on, do not start the car (Leave you foot off the break) As soon as you see everything light up, press and hold the trip reset knob and do a long 12 second count.
4) Keep your finger on the trip reset knob. Fasten your seat belt, as soon as you fasten your seat belt, you should see the ODO display go from XXXX miles to "b-on". At that time take your finger off the trip reset knob and press it again. It should cycle to "b-off". You should be all set and turn the ignition off and unfasten your seat belt.
Old 04-27-2008, 12:42 PM   #19
ellsworth is on a distinguished road
ellsworth's Tacoma Gallery
seat belts

I am not trying to start a debate on civil liberties or gun control or cell phone use and speed limits...My ass was saved by a restraint in a car when I was 19 and my friend (the driver) did not have his on..We dead ass hit a jeep wrangler at under 20mph and he slamed into the steering column and whacked his head on the a-pillar and windshield...Holy #%^^, I can not imagine hitting something faster like highway speeds..To this day my friends neck and back is still screwed up..I think the ding chime is anoying, who wouldn't ??? It is nice to know though if you forget to buckle up (and everyone has) that there is that anyoing ding chime...
Old 08-29-2008, 02:23 PM   #20
four forty four
oldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dave
oldtacomaguy's Tacoma Gallery
I've done the seat belt chime mod. My truck now chimes about 5 times when I start up to remind me to wear the seat belt, then stops, but the red light on the dash still blinks. I wear the seatbeltt 99.9% of the time, but the other
.1% (like backing a boat down a ramp or driving around my plant site slowly while I have keep getting in and out), I don't. All the seat belt chime mod does is make your truck the same as allmost everything else on the road.