1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Sisterly Yota In TROUBLE

Discussion in 'Technical Chat' started by white knight15, Mar 2, 2010.

1. Mar 2, 2010 at 7:32 PM
    white knight15

white knight15 [OP] wornthinbutneverstops

Member:
    First Name:
    Jake
    BFGreenville, TX
    Vehicle:
    00 TRD 4x4 in progress
    3" susp. 3" body 33" all terains fabbed bumper, sliders, and mounts. Bilstien 5125 F4-BE5-6249-H5 in rear, chrome tractor lights mounted under the bumper wired to reverse, line-x, toolbox, winter refrigerator, luk clutch, exhaust dumped behind the cat, huskey liner fm's, 10 1/2" drop hitch, front mounted hellas, tube doors w/ quick disconnect hinges
    Hi guys, Im new to posts but have found a TON of helpful tips and tricks on here, and really respect what most of you have to say about our trucks. However, the problem is not with my tacoma, its with my Momma's 04 Lexus GX470, and I cant find help or answers any where!:frusty: The back door wont open and i'm pretty sure that something is wrong on the inside with the handle. I need to know how to pop off the door panel from the inside, pop the handle cover off the outside, or just get the dadgum thing open and i can fix it from there. I've never felt defeated by a vehicle until the lexus. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

2. Mar 2, 2010 at 7:33 PM
    fletch aka

fletch aka www.BeLikeBrit.org

Member:
    First Name:
    Gary
    Left Coast
    Vehicle:
    09 Magnetic Gray TRD OffRoad
    TRD cat back exhaust, TRD Cold Air Intake, differential breather mod' Hellwig rear sway bar, 16x8 TRD Ivan Stewart's, Michelin LTX A/T2, DTRL Stealth Mode Mod, custom "Texas Edition" shift knob, Sock's "Classic" bedside decals, MetalMiller custom grill emblem, 20% front tinted windows, tinted taillights, Viper alarm, ScanGauge II, Flyzeye Designs V2W Tacoma Interior LED lighting, de-mud flapped, de-badged, extra D-rings under bed bolts, WeatherTech ED floor mats, G4 Elite Fold a Cover ,Toyota bed mat, tailgate theft deterrent device and absolutely no plasti-dip!
    Child safety lock on? Can you open it from the outside?

3. Mar 2, 2010 at 7:35 PM
    rme

rme Well-Known Member

Member:
    Savannah
    Vehicle:
    Green TACOMA
    XM, Panasonic Stereo, Headlights,Electric Ant,Toyota Deluxe Wheels, Rhino Lining, Cargo Rails
    Have you googled for a lexus blog to help you? (Not a smart ass answer just wondering!)

4. Mar 2, 2010 at 7:58 PM
    white knight15

Member:
    First Name:
    Jake
    BFGreenville, TX
    Vehicle:
    00 TRD 4x4 in progress
    3" susp. 3" body 33" all terains fabbed bumper, sliders, and mounts. Bilstien 5125 F4-BE5-6249-H5 in rear, chrome tractor lights mounted under the bumper wired to reverse, line-x, toolbox, winter refrigerator, luk clutch, exhaust dumped behind the cat, huskey liner fm's, 10 1/2" drop hitch, front mounted hellas, tube doors w/ quick disconnect hinges
    the only lexus sites i found were like this one but there was no tech talk. I got the impression of just a couple of guys asking each other if they should get chrome door handles. The only handle on the door is on the outside, and with that i didn't figure there to be child safety on it, but i have been wrong before.

5. Mar 2, 2010 at 8:11 PM
    blackbox

blackbox Well-Known Member

Member:
    SE Ohio
    Vehicle:
    2010 reg cab 4cyl 5mt 4x4 Pyrite
    yes, check the child safety lock thing, we went through that with an '09 Honda Civic, I was convinced the back door lock mechanism was faulty, it wasn't.

6. Mar 2, 2010 at 8:56 PM
    white knight15

Member:
    First Name:
    Jake
    BFGreenville, TX
    Vehicle:
    00 TRD 4x4 in progress
    Im sorry i didnt mean the back door as in doors "3" and "4", i meant as in door "5". The back back door. I appologize. Another thing that makes me think handle jam is when you unlock it it makes the beep beep sound as all doors have unlocked. When you lock it, it should go beep, but doesnt and doors 1-4 are locked.

Products Discussed in

To Top