1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

New Owner, Maintenance (30K) questions...

Discussion in 'Technical Chat' started by FreeHeel, Mar 5, 2010.

1. Mar 5, 2010 at 2:32 PM
    FreeHeel

FreeHeel [OP] Not Dead But Definitely Dying

Member:
    Rambler
    Vehicle:
    2006 Reg Cab 4x4
    Just purchased a “new to me” Tacoma and have a few maintenance related questions… I’m getting ready to perform a 30K service and I did a bunch of searching but did not produce anything definitive.

2006 Tacoma: 4x4, reg cab, 2.7 4 cyl, 5 spd manual, 29,900 miles. I have all the maintenance records for it and it has been serviced by a Toyota dealership every 5K since new.

Services I’m going to perform:
    (1)Change engine oil and filter (Mobil 1 5w30 and Napa Gold)
    (2)Replace air filter (Napa Gold)
    (3)Replace or clean cabin air filter
    (4)Rotate Tires
    (5)Grease driveline
    (6)Torque driveline or “propeller shaft” as Toyota likes to call it
    (7)Change gear oil in both diffs and transfer case (Mobil 1 75w90)
    (8)Change manual tranny fluid (Redline MT-90)

Services I have questions about: (Please note I have read the owners manual and know what Toyota recommends but I’m looking for real owner answers here)
    (1)Coolant: As stated above, I’ve read the manual stating 100K for 1st change. Personally leaving any fluid in my vehicle for 100K scares me. The truck looks to have the original pink Toyota coolant in it. At what mileage are most of you replacing coolant?
    (2)Spark Plugs (2TR-FE 4 cyl): Again, the 100K factory recommended replacement makes me nervous. My only experience with these iridium long life plugs is from replacing them in my dad’s Ford Ranger recently. The factory called for 100K here as well and at 80K they looked like death. At what mileage are you folks replacing the plugs in the 4 cyl?
    (3)Zerks: As mentioned above, I plan on greasing the driveline. From everything I’ve researched there are a total of 4 zerks in the reg cab. Is this correct?

Thanks in advance for all your help and if I’ve missed something on my “to do” list please feel free to chime in!!!

Products Discussed in

To Top