1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

EZ Down Anyone have this mod?????

Discussion in 'Technical Chat' started by centurion, Apr 18, 2008.

1. Apr 18, 2008 at 4:37 PM
    centurion

centurion [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Northern New Jersey
    Vehicle:
    2006 Tacoma TRD Sport,double cab, 4X4, auto, speedway blue
    Air-Raid air filter, de-badged,custom grill,hood and tailgate struts
    Just got my ez-down, intallation was, well ez, but when i go to shut the tailgate the cable keeps going inbetween the ez down strut, binding and restricting closing the tailgate. The cable rubber has become chaffed im kind of pissed seems like poor engineering. Went over intallation and its exactly like the instructions, plus im a plumber so i know my way around tools. So far im about ready to send it back and the struts for the hood. Why would i drill holes in my hood when this simple mod wont even work on the tailgate????? Anyone have any insight?

2. Apr 18, 2008 at 4:57 PM
    tacomaman06

tacomaman06 Carolina Alliance: Enforcer

Member:
    First Name:
    Will
    York,South Carolina
    Vehicle:
    '16 Tundra TRD Pro
    getting there....
    i dont have one, but i have heard alot of folks complaining about the ez down, saying it doesnt work right. you may be better off sending it back and getting your money back, rather than it not doing its job correctly, unless you can find a way to make it efficient.

which hood struts did you get?? they may be alot better than the tailgate ez down.

3. Apr 18, 2008 at 5:20 PM
    centurion

centurion [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Northern New Jersey
    Vehicle:
    2006 Tacoma TRD Sport,double cab, 4X4, auto, speedway blue
    Air-Raid air filter, de-badged,custom grill,hood and tailgate struts
    I got the redline tuning struts for the hood, this shit pisses me off, and i think im sending both back, this crap must be "made in America" to be engineered so crappy, so much for upgrades, think i'll just stick to changin my oil and just driving the truck.

4. Apr 18, 2008 at 7:38 PM
    tacomaman06

tacomaman06 Carolina Alliance: Enforcer

Member:
    First Name:
    Will
    York,South Carolina
    Vehicle:
    '16 Tundra TRD Pro
    getting there....
    well, you could send both back, but i think ,if it were me, id keep the hood struts. alot of people have them and havent had any problems with them. the ez down is just mis-engineering.

5. Apr 20, 2008 at 7:55 PM
    08beachtoy

08beachtoy Well-Known Member

Member:
    Maryland
    Vehicle:
    08' reg cab 4x4 2.7ltr 5 spd
    Sony cd player /ipod , small amp, bed mat from Dee Zee , A.R.E. custom cap with yakima racks, weather gaurd floor mats , oem fog lights ,oem DRL mod, class III hitch ,custom bed mounted power inverter, tinted windows 5 % all around, oem hood protector /bugshield , avs door visors ,wet okole seat covers , Train air horn
    I had the same problem so I took a wire tie and put it on the e z down shock so the cable hits the wire tie and deflects it to the outside this worked perfectly I work out of my truck so I use the tail gate alot the wire tie is still there and works great at deflecting the cable so it doesnt jam I could send you a pic tomorrow if you 'd like but its pretty easy to fiqure out hell at most it will cost ya a few wire ties til ya get it right

Products Discussed in

To Top