Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Technical Chat

Notices

EZ Down Anyone have this mod?????

Old 04-18-2008, 05:37 PM   #1
centurion is on a distinguished road
centurion's Tacoma Gallery
EZ Down Anyone have this mod?????

Just got my ez-down, intallation was, well ez, but when i go to shut the tailgate the cable keeps going inbetween the ez down strut, binding and restricting closing the tailgate. The cable rubber has become chaffed im kind of pissed seems like poor engineering. Went over intallation and its exactly like the instructions, plus im a plumber so i know my way around tools. So far im about ready to send it back and the struts for the hood. Why would i drill holes in my hood when this simple mod wont even work on the tailgate????? Anyone have any insight?
Old 04-18-2008, 05:57 PM   #2
Carolina Alliance: Lead, follow, or get the hell outta my way
tacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Will
tacomaman06's Tacoma Gallery
i dont have one, but i have heard alot of folks complaining about the ez down, saying it doesnt work right. you may be better off sending it back and getting your money back, rather than it not doing its job correctly, unless you can find a way to make it efficient.

which hood struts did you get?? they may be alot better than the tailgate ez down.
Old 04-18-2008, 06:20 PM   #3
centurion is on a distinguished road
centurion's Tacoma Gallery
I got the redline tuning struts for the hood, this shit pisses me off, and i think im sending both back, this crap must be "made in America" to be engineered so crappy, so much for upgrades, think i'll just stick to changin my oil and just driving the truck.
Old 04-18-2008, 08:38 PM   #4
Carolina Alliance: Lead, follow, or get the hell outta my way
tacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Will
tacomaman06's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by centurion View Post
I got the redline tuning struts for the hood, this shit pisses me off, and i think im sending both back, this crap must be "made in America" to be engineered so crappy, so much for upgrades, think i'll just stick to changin my oil and just driving the truck.
well, you could send both back, but i think ,if it were me, id keep the hood struts. alot of people have them and havent had any problems with them. the ez down is just mis-engineering.
Old 04-20-2008, 08:55 PM   #5
08beachtoy is on a distinguished road

08beachtoy's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to 08beachtoy
e z down

I had the same problem so I took a wire tie and put it on the e z down shock so the cable hits the wire tie and deflects it to the outside this worked perfectly I work out of my truck so I use the tail gate alot the wire tie is still there and works great at deflecting the cable so it doesnt jam I could send you a pic tomorrow if you 'd like but its pretty easy to fiqure out hell at most it will cost ya a few wire ties til ya get it right