Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Technical Chat

Notices

Viper 5301 remote help

Old 03-08-2010, 10:26 AM   #1
XwXRYANXwX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXwXRYANXwX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXwXRYANXwX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXwXRYANXwX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXwXRYANXwX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXwXRYANXwX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXwXRYANXwX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXwXRYANXwX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXwXRYANXwX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXwXRYANXwX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXwXRYANXwX is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Navy: IT
XwXRYANXwX's Tacoma Gallery
Viper 5301 remote help

Question... Is it possible to change the remote to having to hold the start button down or something of that nature to get my truck to start
The original way ( just press the button once) allways gets hit in my pocket and starts the truck randomly
Old 03-08-2010, 12:44 PM   #2
Outlaw has a spectacular aura aboutOutlaw has a spectacular aura aboutOutlaw has a spectacular aura about

Outlaw's Tacoma Gallery
You must have to much shit in your pockets. I have never had that problem but, If you have the remote Im thinking of, there is an F or something button on the remote which is to operate another vehicle. Maybe if you hit that button before you put your keys away wont start your truck if you accidentally hit the start button. You will have to hit the F button again so it knows you want to use it for your truck. Just a thought...
Old 02-02-2011, 07:04 AM   #3
TuffTaco is on a distinguished road
TuffTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Best buy did the installation of mine and they programmed the remote start button to be pressed twice to start it. You press it once - wait a .5 second - then press it again and the truck starts. I actually asked if this was possible before the install to prevent accidental starts.
Old 02-02-2011, 07:19 AM   #4
XwXRYANXwX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXwXRYANXwX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXwXRYANXwX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXwXRYANXwX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXwXRYANXwX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXwXRYANXwX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXwXRYANXwX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXwXRYANXwX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXwXRYANXwX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXwXRYANXwX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXwXRYANXwX is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Navy: IT
XwXRYANXwX's Tacoma Gallery
Damn brought a 1 year old thread back to life

Btw, my remote start stopped working 6 month ago